PDA

View Full Version : caster camber

newguy
05-12-2012, 10:34 AM
could someone please give me an idea what to run for caster/camber on a metric with nova lowers?

imracin68j
05-26-2012, 12:42 AM
RF Caster 8 +
RF Camber -4.5

LF Caster + 5
LF Camber +1.5

SRXSRULE
05-26-2012, 08:51 PM
camber depends on the amount of banking the track has. Caster has a lot to do with driver feel. Generaly you want around 2-3* of caster split, with more caster on the RF. I like to run my caster at 2* left, 4.5* right. Eric

Graff Spee
06-04-2012, 09:21 PM
When setting caster you should know that it is what gives you the feel for the track. You should run as much caster as you can without being tired after the race. Determining the caster split is easy. The larger the split the more the front end will pull towards the smaller amount of caster. Its almost like a power steering helper. See what feels best for you. Finding the correct camber for your car will involve the use of tire temps. You will find what tire pressures and camber settings with temp. It is usually done in the feature when the track dries up. Some people can give you good starting points based on their experience but in the end the ways I described will be correct for your car, with your set up and at your track. Its not rocket science. Just get some books and start reading! Good luck.

imracin68j
06-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Left side caster helps free the car up on entry or when the car starts to push and the wheel is turned to the left