PDA

View Full Version : camaro help needed

smokey 4 president
05-12-2012, 05:43 PM
First year in a camaro and its kicking my azz. First off how much rake? I got about 2 1/2" now. Seems a bit much. Also floated rr for first time and i no rear grip or drive. It looked awesome on scales with lf rf and lr all within 5 pounds of each other. Had 225 pounds bite. Swapped front springs last nigbt at track anx put 900 rf and 750 lf. Had a 900 lf and 800 rf when i scaled it. Been havin trouble with rf binding up in corner. Ride heights lf 3 7/8. Rf 4 1/2. Lr 6 1/2. Rr 7. No trouble with lack of suspension movement in front. When shock bottoms out lower arm hits frame. Feel like i need to raise the front. Cant go much lower in rear. Got 2 1/2" block rr and 2" on lr. Need this thing to work. Has more power than anything out there but cant get the car to work to use it

RACR_73s
05-13-2012, 09:00 AM
First year in a camaro and its kicking my azz. First off how much rake? I got about 2 1/2" now. Seems a bit much. Also floated rr for first time and i no rear grip or drive. It looked awesome on scales with lf rf and lr all within 5 pounds of each other. Had 225 pounds bite. Swapped front springs last nigbt at track anx put 900 rf and 750 lf. Had a 900 lf and 800 rf when i scaled it. Been havin trouble with rf binding up in corner. Ride heights lf 3 7/8. Rf 4 1/2. Lr 6 1/2. Rr 7. No trouble with lack of suspension movement in front. When shock bottoms out lower arm hits frame. Feel like i need to raise the front. Cant go much lower in rear. Got 2 1/2" block rr and 2" on lr. Need this thing to work. Has more power than anything out there but cant get the car to work to use it

1 - I have never worried about rake
2 - 225# bite...you should be running off RR correct? This is way too much...try 80# RR
3 - leave the front springs where you have them now and work some other bugs out first. The last one I drove like this was on 900RF and 1000LF but I have ran much softer RF(650) and have not had issues bottoming out.
4 - front ride hight measured from lower control arm to frame should be RF 2 3/4"-3" and LF about 1/4" less
5 - rear blocks...Keep LR in and remove RR completely and I like my rear straight(no lead). Are you ussing rear shackles? Rear spring rates? Are you reworking LR spring?

There are lots off opinions on this subject and these are mine and I have won on it. Others will give you there's and Im sure they won with them. Try the one you want and see which works best for you. Good Luck.

LowTechRacing
05-15-2012, 09:30 PM
If the right front is bottoming out you need to soften it, weight goes to the stiffer spring first. That's why you are bottoming out the rf. I would put it back the way you had your spring to begin with.