PDA

View Full Version : Pro double adjustable shocks

fordracer7
05-12-2012, 06:07 PM
We are currently runnig Pro non-adjustable shocks. We picked up two double adjustables in a trade. Should we use the two double adjustables? What corners should we put them on? Just don't want to mess up what we already have.

Thanks

Egoracing
05-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Send them to be dynoed before using them. Then you will know what they are, the first generation were not that good.

fordracer7
05-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks we'll do that. Anyone have any suggestions as to what corners we should use them on?

AmickRacing
05-19-2012, 03:28 AM
Just thinking out loud here. But once they are dyno'ed the shock guy should be able to tell/show you how to set them up very close to what you have on the car. From there you can use it as a tuning tool to help the area's you feel the car can be better.

There are several sites out there with basic shock tuning guides, and for the most part they are all the same, just have different numbers. Look through these lists, and think about where you'd like to improve the car, or where you're getting beat on the track. Put the shock(s) on those corners and play around a bit with the valving, using the charts, and hopefully get the car working even better.

Pretty vague answer I know.

If it were me, I'd say the RF is one of the most critical shocks on the car, and adjusting the reb/comp on it will effect what the car does the most. 2nd would be the LR, 3rd RR, last LF, but they will all effect how the car handles, and it really does come down to how close that corner of the car is to be right to begin with.

fordracer7
05-19-2012, 11:35 AM
We had thought about the rf and lr so we could tune to the track conditions a little better. Glad to see we on the right track. Thanks for the help.