PDA

View Full Version : another power sterring question..

billy5
05-13-2012, 12:45 PM
im running a stock pump per rules,i have a 30% underdrive pulley,i have used 3 different pumps and they all blow the fluid out of the cap...ive run it low at start to have it run out of fluid before the race is over,so im back to filling it up so it will last a long race..i have put a peice of radiator hose and extended the cap up more then 12 inches and it still does it the same..ive changed 3 different pumps....what next? i dont turn the engine but 5800 so i dont think im overspinning it.

stock car driver
05-13-2012, 02:48 PM
synthetic fluid.

napa use to carry valvoline synth ps. fluid they quit and I got a case as they still had some in a few stores. I would find it and run it.

When I ran a oem pump I ran a piece of radiator hose on thetop to raise the cap a little also.

the krc type ps pumps with the plastic reservoir attatched are oem off astro vans. fyi.

dirty white boy
05-13-2012, 02:55 PM
make sure your cap got a very small hole in it,..it can build pressure an arratate the fluid an push it out,...buddy of mine had this same problem an after a few trips to CV in t'ville spending money,... drilling a small hole in his cap was the cure,..good luck

SRXSRULE
05-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Another optoion is to remove the valve in the Pressure outlet for the pump and drill out the orffice in the valve bigger to reduce the pressure. Eric

Ronaled02
09-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Hi dear am newbie here and i want to ask a question because i really like this platform and i think i should ask here my problem which is that I've always driven with power sterring...but now I'm going to buy a car that doesn't have it.. Is it a big difference?any suggestion about it which would be great.?

CHRIS08
09-14-2012, 04:06 AM
Hi dear am newbie here and i want to ask a question I've always driven with power sterring...but now I'm going to buy a car that doesn't have it.. Is it a big difference?