PDA

View Full Version : middle corner in the slick , need to set and drive off

rpm20
05-14-2012, 12:02 PM
my car seems ok through the straights and getting in but in the middle it feels like if we throttle it up it will spin and tail out so the driver compensates by slowing down.
this is on a slick track, seems we need better sidebite in the middle to set the car to start
then need more forword coming out.

4 bar metric stub car with metric lowers 800-900 ft springs 225 - 175 rear
57-58 tail 53 left 80-90 lrb lf 40 lb heavy
bisquit pullbar with 28 degrees angle 0 stagger on imca hoosier tires
rear steer was removed on the rr and upper bar was moved up on lr and lowered on rr
still no middle setting and traction

some say less rr spring to 150 and some say more lr spring to 250 some say both
any ideas? need to make show and not be just 1 car out from making it

email me or pm me please

junebug
05-14-2012, 04:44 PM
i would try moving rr upper back up....ive noticed alot of fwd drive gains from getting rr drive along with the normal lr drive youd try to get

powerslide
05-14-2012, 05:20 PM
is the car rolling over on the RR? short bar or j-bar? how much drvr weigh?

charcoal01
05-15-2012, 09:10 AM
You need rr spring to get sidebite. 175 should be fine. What's your pinion location of your j bar and the rake? Don't worry about drive off until you get your loose in center fixed. Have ou tried dropping our right lower? If your driver is letting off early because he's afraid of spinning, you may not be getting weight transfer to the rr until mid corner, so the bar affect will be moved further into the corner. Droppin our right lower should take a little rear steer out and quicken birdcage indexing on rr, gaining sidebite when you need it, right before apex, and shouldn't affect anything else.

tworrick
05-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Not sure what kind of front end you have . but seems heavy in front springs . Also should try reverse split. 800lf 750rf . that will help him tighten up in middle. With what your running stiff right front can make you loose wedge in the car. Need to get over on right front more. if it is realy slick smooth alot guys use like 800 lf 550rf

charcoal01
05-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Hes on a metric stub, I think his springs are fine. If the car is trying to tail out, his front is planted but rr is not in the track. I think he needs to stay focused on tuning the rear.

Dirtrunner35
05-16-2012, 08:12 AM
rear steer was removed on the rr and upper bar was moved up on lr and lowered on rr
still no middle setting and traction
Moving the upper left bar will put rear steer in it, where are the other 2 bars set ??? On slick take out rear steer and drive like your on asphalt , is he driving it in or throwing it in ? Front spring seem a little high but depends on the car and driver, I have 650's in mine.
THROTTLE CONTROL !!!