PDA

View Full Version : ? for K.Shaw

fatman_74
05-14-2012, 04:51 PM
We have a 08 shaw mod that is digging the rf frame into the track in the corner. What can we do to fix it. Got a 700 rf spring and 600 lf spring running at ump ride height. Thanks in advance.

johnny v
05-14-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm not K Shaw,

but we run a 09 Shaw and we have run down to a 500 on the RF , and that was at Texas Motor Speedway Dirt Track.... (the biggest , fastest sucker I have ever set up a car for) with no problems.....
IMHO-
I would say you have a tight, tight car on entry and the driver is soooooo hard on the brakes.... it doesn't really matter what spring you have on the RF of the car.....its going to bottom the car......

k.shaw
05-14-2012, 09:00 PM
There are a few things you can do to correct the problem. But first make sure you have the proper ball
joints in the car and make sure the spindles are reamed correctly. You can give me a call sometime and I
can get you that information. If any of this is wrong it could have the roll center to far to the left and cause
this problem.
A few things you might to do is raise the ride height more, stiffen the spring more, shorten the LR chain and
possably check your air guage to make sure it is reading correctly. I know the last one seems a little out there
but I have came accross that before. Give me a call sometime and we'll try and get you going.
Thanks Kevin Shaw

mudslinger47
05-15-2012, 07:51 PM
possably check your air guage to make sure it is reading correctly. I know the last one seems a little out there but I have came accross that before.

More often then you think, happened to us a yr ago. Lookin at the left read and thinkin' man that tire has got no squish to it. Borrowed a gauge from the next door neighbor, thing had 26 lbs in it. That would have been a catastrophe.

Duane

loosegruff
05-28-2012, 09:13 PM
we have a 2011 shaw by taylor, we run a 450 to 500 in the right front and we have never had a problem with it at all, check your left rear chain, or maybe your shock, or could be the tire guage to , kevin will get you going though just call him very nice man and very helpfull allways

FearThe40
05-29-2012, 05:28 PM
we have a 2011 shaw by taylor, we run a 450 to 500 in the right front and we have never had a problem with it at all, check your left rear chain, or maybe your shock, or could be the tire guage to , kevin will get you going though just call him very nice man and very helpfull allways

Can I ask ballpark numbers for your rf and left rear shocks? And im assuming your running a bump stop on the RF. I run a 650 in the rf of my car. I just don't see the advantage to running such a soft spring on the rf like that. Can somebody explain in detail to me why modified's are doing this now?

johnny v
05-29-2012, 07:49 PM
you can hear ex - crew chiefs jawing all about big shot mod guys.........what they run and do......don't have a clue if it is true....
but....
When you hear guys talking shocks they are around 3-13 or so RF...
12-2 or so LR......

get it up on the LR fast and hold it there...
get it over on the RF and keep it there.......