PDA

View Full Version : what is average height

mudderfudder
05-14-2012, 06:49 PM
i know im probably asking a question that has been asked a million times but, what is average height for the right side of the nose? I have a 2010 genx and with the bolt mounting the nose is rite to the lip of the nose and it measures 11 1/2". Is that hight enough or do i need to relocate the right side bumpertube up another inch? Also what is a good height for the right side skirting?

Thanks in advance gentalman

Matt49
05-14-2012, 08:18 PM
About 12" is good on the right side. On our smack car at 11" it just barely hits the track on high-banked tracks. Scraping not plowing.
Rather than relocate the tube for the bumper, we just put the bumper in, heat it up, and bend it up a little.
If by right side skirt you mean the plastic under the door and quarter panel, we finally quit running it altogether. Just gets torn up in hot laps when the track is heavy.

mopar92
01-10-2015, 07:31 PM
12" when the car is at race ride height?

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-10-2015, 07:40 PM
12" when the car is at race ride height?

Yes........

grt74
01-10-2015, 07:53 PM
About 12" is good on the right side. On our smack car at 11" it just barely hits the track on high-banked tracks. Scraping not plowing.
Rather than relocate the tube for the bumper, we just put the bumper in, heat it up, and bend it up a little.
If by right side skirt you mean the plastic under the door and quarter panel, we finally quit running it altogether. Just gets torn up in hot laps when the track is heavy.

make your doors a little shorter and your plasic a little longer,if your on a long sweeping corner track it will help your handling,we do trim it some from the middle to the front of the door,the more air you can keep from getting under the car,the more of a suction effect you'll have