PDA

View Full Version : new to mods

ND84
05-16-2012, 12:28 AM
i just have one quick question i here people talking about there rear suspension on 4 link cars that some are clamp and some floated . my ? is are they talking about running a clamp on brackets with the b/c and having the shocks and springs on a clamp on bracket instead of the b/c. and when there floating them they have the shocks an springs on the b/c. and if anyone has pictures of the too that would be great im just trying to if im understanding that correctly. thank for the insight

Dirtrunner35
05-16-2012, 08:16 AM
It would be easier for you to go look at them at the track, take pics with your phone. And ask questions. Did you buy a mod ??

ND84
05-16-2012, 11:04 AM
yea but its a 3 link setup im just curious about the 4 link cars

powerslide
05-16-2012, 11:41 AM
a "clamped"car means TYPICALLY that the LR spring is not floated on the birdcage. It will be inside the LR birdcage CLAMPED in front of the axle. It is only affected by the LR dropping and the pullbar travel. On alot of the clamped cars the RR is a zlink majority run that spring on top of the rearend housing.

A 4-4 floated car means the LR spring is floated and is attached to the back of the birdcage. And on the RR the spring is floated and is in front attached to the birdcage