PDA

View Full Version : Asphalt Metric Setup

3dinter
05-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Around my area we race mostly Dirt tracks, but we have a concrete track within driving distance and we was wanting to go try it out kinda switch between dirt sometimes and concrete sometimes. I am looking for a website/forum or some sorta info on a concrete setup for a Metric car. i would assume put back on the front Sway bar and loss rear % to under 50 and more tire pressure. They run the same rules we do on dirt with a few safety additions and few motor additions. We always wanna win but making a few laps and being competitive wouldnt be bad either and definately not hitting the wall would be great.
Dont have the numbers in front of me but im sure this is close for the setup now...around 3200 lbs, lf 1100 lb, rf 1300, lr 250, rr 175 or 150....L% 52, rear % 51 to 52, cross % 50, i think 11" springs in front and 13" springs in the rear, L upper a arm stock location mount with stock offset cross bar and all shims removed. R upper, stock mount with rear bolt about 1" shims and front bolt about .5" shims, toe out 1/4". Like i said these are close guesses cause i dont have exact numbers in front of me right now.

Any ideas / thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

billy5
05-16-2012, 10:32 PM
http://www.racingwest.com/bb/board.php?board=8

stock car driver
05-17-2012, 03:30 PM
If nobody will help you I can give you the basics I ran on pavement for 10 years.

I would hate to come accross as a know it all or arrogant though since I have a answer for your question.

jj

3dinter
05-18-2012, 08:40 AM
If nobody will help you I can give you the basics I ran on pavement for 10 years.

I would hate to come accross as a know it all or arrogant though since I have a answer for your question.

jj

Jeff if you prefer just shoot me an email at impnso@yahoo.com
any setup help is appreciated.

stock car driver
05-18-2012, 09:11 AM
sent you a email.

jj