PDA

View Full Version : C&S Fuel Pumps

circle dirt
05-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Anybody ever use the C&S alcohol belt drive pump or the HD block mount pump they offer? Wanting to switch to a belt drive , but I have limited clearance in the fan area.

hpontap
05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
I have 2 of the mechanical block mount pumps on 2 of my cars. C&S rates them at 750hp.
One is a 650hp the other 720hp and it feeds them on 1/4 3/8 mile tracks well. Only problem Ive had is being able to get the adjustment on the C&S bypass log right. 15PSI is the high side pressure.
These pumps increase pressure as engine rpm increases. I even ran one of mine one night without the bypass being hooked up.

circle dirt
05-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Do you use the linkage style C&S bypass?

cavemod
05-17-2012, 01:05 AM
I run the mechanical pump and the linkage style bypass works fine.never have any problems idles just under 3 lbs.and runs about 8 on the throttle running methanol.At idle the light flickers but stays off as soon as i raise the rpm.I adjusted mine with carb and log,bypass off the car so i could see it work to make sure it doesn't start to open at wo throttle.hope this helps answer your concerns.

hpontap
05-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Yes I run the linkage C&S bypass log. At WOT 8 lbs on methanol is not enough and if you have an engine demanding fuel, it will empty the bowls. Thats why the adjustment problems I had. You need 12 -13 lbs at WOT with methanol. The bypass seems to be good for about 5-6 lbs of adjustment. So, I keep mine adjusted at 6-7 psi at idle. Hope this helps.

50j
05-18-2012, 07:46 AM
On the one I used years ago from c&s it was just a ball valve with linkage. It should be fully open at idle, closed off by 3/4 throttle or so and remains closed from there. Since it's closed off wide open your fuel pressure will depend on what your pump puts out. It's easiest to adjust off the car so that you can watch the back side of the valve.

circle dirt
05-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the input. I use the linkage style with ball valve from C&S. I have been using the ProCam fuel pumps but the life spand hasn't been the greatest. Kind of why I deciding either the belt drive or mech. pump fro C&S.

RUEF52
05-19-2012, 06:17 PM
We have ran the Pro cam mech. Pump,they have a very short lifespan ,now running a $500.00 CV billet pump and it's very inconsistent going back to the belt drive pump.

RUEF52
05-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Have found that a BG pump and a half inch fan spacer will clear a four blade fan.

frank 75
05-20-2012, 08:42 PM
I bought a C&S bock mounted fuel pump and it broke. Sent is back to them and they charged me a $100 and told me it was my fault. Do your self a favor and buy nothing from C&S and buy yourself a good belt drivin pump(not C&S).

circle dirt
05-23-2012, 03:20 PM
how did the pump break or what did they have for a reason?

frank 75
05-24-2012, 11:08 PM
The round metal plate that pushes on the diaphragm broke. They told me my block was off or my fuel pump rod was to long over stoking the pump. I checked out both as they asked me and both were fine. I called them and didn't have anything to say other than what is your credit card number. They also claimed it would have 15-17 psi and it is lucky to have 10-12 psi and they make more excuses. I have almost $ 400 in this pump and have no trust in it at all. They talk a great story when you talk to them but won’t back anything up. I'm lucky I didn't melt my engine down. Do yourself a favor and buy something else. JMO

circle dirt
05-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks, this is why I'm asking. Block mount pumps have cost me and have won races for me.