PDA

View Full Version : Excitement Building as 20th Annual DART Show-Me 100 Nears

LOLMDS PR
05-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Excitement Building as 20th Annual DART Show-Me 100 Presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com Nears

WAYCROSS, GA (May 18, 2012) – The 20th Annual DART Show-Me 100 Presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com is drawing close and the excitement is building for this year’s crown jewel mega event. Last year’s event made history by being the first ever dirt late model event broadcasted on one of the three major TV networks when it was shown on CBS, on the Sports Spectacular Show. CBS officials were very pleased with the TV ratings and production of the event and will broadcast the event on CBS again in 2012. The DART Show-Me 100 Presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com will also be taped for broadcast to be shown on three additional TV networks, including SPEED, CBS Sports Network and MAVTV in 2012.

This year’s version of the DART Show-Me 100 Presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com will include a full week of festivities and attractions for the many fans traveling to Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, MO. Dan Robinson, General Manager of Lucas Oil Speedway and the entire staff at the “Diamond of Dirt Tracks” have been making preparations, including expanding the facility campgrounds. The campgrounds offer a sprawling 40 acres of wooded and cleared areas, two fishing ponds, a shower house and ample space to enjoy. Race fans attending the event are encouraged to arrive early in the week as spaces are filling up fast. This year, daytime activities in the campground will begin on Wednesday, May 23rd and will include; Hillbilly Golf, Washers, Cornhole, Bad Mitten and more. A Cornhole Tournament is scheduled for Saturday morning at the Campground with cash prizes for the top teams.

The “Beach” at Lake Lucas will be open for fans and race teams alike to enjoy throughout the week. Horseshoes, volleyball, beach activities and swimming will fill each day with tropical fun for fans of all ages. Lake Lucas will also feature fishing, paddle boats and even some special water demonstrations. Kids can enjoy a jumbo inflatable slide, bounce houses and even climb a giant rock wall.

The Midway area at Lucas Oil Speedway will feature large static displays and interactive games. Multiple t-shirt, diecast and other vendors will be displayed throughout the event, and the MAVTV Girls will be giving out numerous free prizes at the MAVTV booth. The Lucas Oil Late Model Simulator will also be at the track to give fans a chance to experience virtual laps. The Ozarks Coca-Cola Go-Cart Slick Track can give kids and race fans a dose of live action behind the main grandstands as well. Fans who want to see the pristine Lucas Oil Speedway facility, from the air, will have the opportunity with special Helicopter rides available on Friday and Saturday.

The traditional Thursday night BBQ will follow an open practice night for racers who want to dial in their cars for the $30,000 to win, DART Show-Me 100 Presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com. The dinner is free with a pit pass or just $10 for all others. Practice is from 6 PM - 9 PM. The country music band “LiveWire” will perform for free on stage as practice wraps up. Also on stage Thursday night, the crowning of the 1st Annual Miss Show-Me 100, Miss Lucas Oil Speedway and Little Miss Lucas Oil Speedway, set to take place at 8:30 PM on Thursday.

This event is shaping up to be one of the biggest crown jewel events in all of dirt late model racing. The DART Show-Me 100 Presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com will get under way on Friday night with a free pre-race concert performed by country music recording artist Candy Cobum at 5:30pm. Hot Laps and Redbuck Time Trials, followed by six exciting Heat Races, to determine the top 18 starters for the $30,000 to win feature event is scheduled to start at 6:45pm. Also on Friday night’s schedule will be the U.S. Steel Manufactures Dash Presented by Fast Shafts. The Crawford Supply Race of Champions, Presented by Traeger Grills will also take place on Friday night for all past winners of the Show-Me 100.

Saturday’s events will include a special driver autograph session, B-Mains, and the 100-lap DART Show-Me 100 Presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com feature event. Jimmy Owens is the defending champion of the race beating Scott Bloomquist in a photo finish at last year’s event.

For more information about the Lucas Oil Speedway, including camping and hotel information visit the track website at www.lucasoilspeedway.com.

For the latest breaking news on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, visit the series’ website at www.lucasdirt.com.

Be sure and visit the series on social media outlets as well at http://www.facebook.com/lucasdirt and http://twitter.com/#!/lucasdirt.