PDA

View Full Version : clamped up spring on top or coilover eliminator in front pros and con

robbie124
05-18-2012, 12:47 PM
i have an older b&s modified spring in front lr clamped shock behind. spring on top rr clamped shock behind. i have a coil over eliminator that i can put in front of rr and do away with spring on top. what if any advantage will i see by doing this. lr has no where to mont the coil over elimnator so i just thought i may try it out on rr.. car 4bar 4bar right now and has a zlink option on rr what do u all think would be a good place to start should i just leave it be or ?

xxxmod
05-18-2012, 01:50 PM
move RR shock to the backside of the birdcage,If the shock is clamped
on the back of the RR you are dumping the RR to much.

racin6mod
05-19-2012, 08:54 AM
I would put the coilover eliminater in front on the rr with the shock in back as you were thinking. just mout the shock to the birdcage not clamped to the housing. how is the spring located on the lr clamped in front with a wt jack?

the car will drive better and it won't be so skatey coming off the corner.

robbie124
05-19-2012, 12:56 PM
left rear is spring and jack bolt clamped in front i dont have any where to put a coil over elimator on that side with out fabircating somthin and im not the best fabicator. im a good cobler tho lol

racin6mod
05-19-2012, 03:00 PM
how fare in front of the axle tube center line is the spring on the left side? if I were to do anything on the left it would be put the spring on a coilover kit with the shock and clamp it up if your on a track with tight corners or mount behind the axle with bigger corners.

Racer111
05-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Run the car just like it is.Suspension like that wins alot of races..