PDA

View Full Version : Jake Jones Racing records another top 5 finish

prodirtcar32
05-22-2012, 02:40 PM
May 22, 2012

Jake Jones Racing records second straight top 5 finish at Williams Grove Speedway.

With 2 races being run so far in the Saturday Night Series at Williams Grove Speedway, a pattern seems to be developing for Jake Jones and his JJR team. Races on May 5th and May 19th have both produced 5th place finishes for the Miller’s Racing Parts/Insinger Performance Fuels/Blazer’s Auto Body #43.

This past Saturday night, Jake and the immaculately prepared Lazer Chassis were a last minute replacement to be on display at Williams Grove Speedway. Jake & crew greeted the fans & signed autographs, prior to the start of the night’s activities. Once the racing got started, another stellar pill draw put Jake at the back of a very competitive heat race, which saw him race towards the front, ending up with a fine 4th place finish and putting him into the feature re-draw. The feature re-draw proved to be much better, and the Shermansdale, PA driver rolled off from the second row and solidly, settled in 3rd place for the first half of the race. Jake began closing on the second place car, when the yellow flag waved with only a handful of laps left. Once the racing resumed the car became loose and Jones did a great job holding on for a 5th place finish. Jake sits 3rd in the latest edition of the Williams Grove Speedway late model point standing.

“I do not really want to be disappointed with another top five finish, but the car was a lot better than a 5th place car” said Jake, from Miller’s Racing Parts, Monday evening. “My right rear tire sealed over under that last yellow, and it was pretty much junk when we went back to green. It was all I could do to just hold on. I have to blame the driver for not keeping it hot enough under that caution” laughed the 29 year old owner/driver.

“The car has been good all year, we had a part failure last week at the Steel Block Bandit’s Susquehanna Speedway race but other than that we have been in the top 5 every time we have raced. Kyle and the whole crew have been doing such a great job during the week getting the car serviced and race ready, that we have been unloading fast everywhere we have gone. Dana has built me some great engines and everything seems to be clicking” stated Jones.

Jake Jones Racing would like to thank of the team’s sponsors:
Andy Grove Insurance & Financial Service, Axel Surgeons of Central PA, Blazers Auto Body, Bulldog Rear Ends by DMI, Dana Smith Racing Engines, HTMA/Hoosier Racing Tires, Insinger Performance Fuels, Jims Garage, K.R.S. Graphics, Lazer Chassis, Millers Racing Parts & Steve’s Studebakers.

Keep up to date with all the Jake Jones news and results at his official home on the web. www.jakejonesracing.com .

Upcoming Races:
May26th – Williams Grove Speedway
June 2nd – Williams Grove Speedway
June 6th – Lincoln Speedway (Tentative)
June 9th – Williams Grove Speedway

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media