PDA

View Full Version : Martins Winning Family Tradition With Chevrolet Performance CT525

crusapr
05-22-2012, 04:44 PM
EASTABOGA, AL – The father and son Super Late Model Team of Ross and Adam Martin of Talladega, AL have developed a winning family tradition at Talladega Short Track. Ross Martin took his second win of the season on Saturday night driving a super late model powered by an economical Chevrolet Performance CT 525 race engine.

Ross Martin’s son Adam Martin set fast time, led the first half of the race and finished second in his Chevrolet Performance CT 525 powered car. Ross Martin took the lead away from Adam Martin at the halfway point of the 20-lap feature race on a restart. Adam Martin was within .08 seconds of the Talladega Short Track Super Late Model track record during time trials.

“I took the boy to school on that restart,” Ross Martin said; to which his son Adam Martin replied lounge-in-cheek, “I think I should protest the race because I think you jumped the restart.”

Ross Martin has two wins this season, and Adam Martin has two wins this season at Talladega Short Track. The Martins have found success this season at Talladega Short Track by spending one-fourth of what many of their competitors are spending.

Many Super Late Model teams at Talladega Short Track have over $70,000 invested in the latest chassis designs and all-aluminum aftermarket engines that can cost $40,000 alone. The Martins have chosen to go faster by spending considerably less money.

The Chevrolet Performance CT 525 race engine the Martins use costs $6,995.00 and is available for free next-day delivery anywhere in the Southeast from NeSmith Chevrolet in Claxton, GA. Once all of the needed accessories are purchased, the engine is race-ready right at $10,000.

The Martins have bolted their Chevrolet Performance CT 525 race engines, not in the latest and greatest chassis designs, but rather in chassis with a few years on them. Adam is running the 2006 Barry Wright chassis that he used to win the 2008 NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series East Region Championship with a Chevrolet Performance 604 Crate Engine.

In winning that championship, Adam Martin won a 2008 GRT Chassis, which he gave to his father Ross Martin. That is the chassis that Ross Martin still runs today with his Chevrolet Performance CT 525 race engine that is into its third trouble free race season. The only maintenance the Chevrolet Performance CT 525 engine requires is to change the oil.

“Anyone who doesn’t buy one of these Chevrolet Performance CT 525 engines is foolish,” Ross Martin said. “For what I’ve spent in the last four years on the CT 525, I used to spend every three to four months keeping an SB-2 open motor freshened up.”

The Martins are looking forward to the 2013 racing season, as CRUSA, the sanctioning body for the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series, will sanction a new super late model series exclusively using the Chevrolet Performance CT 525 race engine. Series officials will introduce the new series and release the details about the 2013 schedule and point fund in the coming weeks.

The Chevrolet Performance CT 525 is the race engine version of the Corvette LS production engine. For more information about the CT 525 race engine, visit the Chevrolet Performance web site at www.chevroletperformance.com.

To place an order for a Chevrolet Performance CT 525 race engine, call Tim Bland at NeSmith Chevrolet in Claxton, GA at 1-877-497-3624, or visit them online at www.nesmithnow.com.