PDA

View Full Version : What shocks do you like? Why

mod2
05-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Just wondering what shocks you like and why. We run a imca mod and we are looking at getting better shocks package and wanted to hear anything you have to offer. Imca does have a claim, so looking afforable one. Happy to hear any advice you have. Thanks

Flyin Iowan
05-22-2012, 10:05 PM
I think you should look at shock builders not just brand of shock. Andy Eckrich at Precision Performance can get it done. QA1's is what i run. very affordable. He does Afco, Integra, and JRI's to.....319-545-2212

Imca27mod
05-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Integra Integra Integra Integra becaues its Integra

Tanner

widcard22
05-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Shocks are getting way way to over rated. Choose your valveing buy a decent shock.and race,

Paying 3-600 dollars apiece for shocks is just plane crazy monkey see monkey do.

dirttrackrocker
05-23-2012, 05:43 PM
^^^^^ what he said^^^^^

Imca27mod
05-23-2012, 05:52 PM
so your say all twin tube shocks are in the same ball park is all about valveing? also is gas vs TT about drivers feel?
Thanks for input

mod2
05-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Thats why I am asking the question its to see what people think about shocks. I am not looking to spend $1000 on shock just need new ones and wanted to see if you like a certain shock. Thanks

drtrkr244
05-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Buy your shocks from a custom builder. You can get customed valvings for the same money.

I have seen good results from Genesis GSO steel series. They retail for $189.

EFR Motorsports llc
05-24-2012, 07:41 AM
BSB the best bang for you $ and the best customer support I have ever had !

Windy
06-10-2012, 04:35 AM
most important things that connect you to the track..1 springs...2 shocks...3 tires...the more you learn the better you are hooked up...nuf said..b&o racing shocks..kenny smith..1.336.789.6365.the best tech,very reasonable prices/ likes to help us average racers on a budget..we are on the afco silver series + $ 50.00 from afco for feature wins with 4 shocks and weve out ran the best integras,ohlins,penskes and so on..just like chassis,its not what kind but what you do and having great support helps tremendously..if you are serious about running up front or wining give kenny a call..best of luck to you..~v~..

midwestmodracer
06-10-2012, 02:42 PM
These threads are funny. There sure are a lot of "best" shock guys out there. I say that not to be condescending to anyone, but only to make the point that the "best" shock guy is the one that you can communicate with about what you need and that is of course capable of putting that information into the shock package he is building you.

I've got a mix of genesis and ohlins stuff right now, and previously had been on integras. Any of these three will serve you well, with genesis having the most "twin tube like" feel in the slick, and ohlins hands down being the best in the traction. Integras are a quality piece as well, that falls somewhere in between the genesis and ohlins on the track types they perform the best on (in my experience / opinion). Integra is without a doubt the best marketing company of the three...a trip to any USMTS race will quickly show this to be true.

If you have any interest in ohlins or genesis shocks, I would be happy to give you the contact information for the people i've had the best luck with. That doesn't guarantee they'll be the best for you to deal with, but, they have served me well.

Sparkmaker
06-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Spent over $1600 on a set of gas Integra stealth shocks , keep taking them off and putting the Afco edge series shocks back on . Just like the feel better.

RW57
06-18-2012, 05:41 AM
i agree about monkey see monkey do talked to a racer last nite with a Rocket limited late model type car he pulled off his custom made bilstein shocks went to regular old afco's finshed 2nd last nite was running 2nd sat before he got spun looked better than he has all year said car was best it had been all year all he did was change to junk that was not supposed to work LOL . He told me he had changed everything on car nothing worked changed shocks and it was like a different car