PDA

View Full Version : Billy Ogle, Jr. Cashes-in on ULTIMATE Series Run at 411 Motor Speedway

FASTRAKPR
05-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Billy Ogle, Jr. Cashes-in on ULTIMATE Series Run at 411 Motor Speedway

Seymour, Tennessee – Earlier this month Billy Ogle, Jr. appeared to be on his way t cruising to his first career ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series victory at Volunteer Speedway when a broken driveshaft knocked him out of the lead and the $5000 winner’s check. On Friday night at 411 Motor Speedway Ogle averted a similar fate and put his Blount Motorsports Rocket into Hoosier Tires / VP Race Fuels Victory Lane for the first this season and for the first time ever in ULTIMATE Series competition. “We have been so close this year to winning and we have always found a way not to win. It feels good to finally get this one. We had a great car up at Bulls Gap a few weeks ago and broke a driveshaft but tonight everything held up and the driver didn’t make any big mistakes and we were able to get here.” Ogle said after the 40-lap A-Main.

31 Cars representing 7 different states signed in for VP Race Fuels Race for the Pole Qualifying with 30 taking time. May 5th’s Volunteer Speedway winner Chad Ogle put his Ol’ Smoky Moonshine CVR Machine atop the time charts with a blistering lap of 13.802 seconds (97.811 MPH average speed) around the 3/8ths of a mile East Tennessee D-shaped oval. The race winner was second quick overall with a lap of 13.898 seconds. Behind the all-Ogle front row locked-in from qualifying were David Crabtree, Donald Bradsher, Dillon Wood, Brett Miller, Mark Vineyard, Daniel Baggerly Tony Knowles and Ivedent Lloyd. Consolation race winners were ULTIMATE Series point leader Casey Roberts and Newport, Tennessee’s Josh Henry.

After two failed start attempts were erased because of multiple-car incidents, the field was finally able to get up to full song. Chad Ogle grabbed the advantage while Bill Ogle battled with North Carolina’s Donald Bradsher for second. Ogle, Jr. covered the spot as the field completed the first lap. Ogle, Jr. then set his sights on the leader. Lap by lap Ogle, Jr. closed the gap until on lap 6 when he had drawn to Chad Ogle’s rear deck. Ogle, Jr. nosed alongside the leader off of turn 2 and stayed tucked inside down the back straightaway. When the leaders rolled into turn 3 Chad Ogle slipped up the banking ever so slightly allowing Ogle, Jr. to take the advantage off of turn 4.

A few laps later Chad Ogle began to feel heat from a hard-charging David Crabtree. Crabtree, who had earlier won the 411 Crate Late Model event, kept his GRT machine pinned to the outside wall through turns 1 and 2 as he stalked the second running Ogle. After a yellow flag placed the two Tennessee drivers side-by-side it was Crabtree who roared to the second position on the restart. Crabtree wasn’t yet finished either as he set after Ogle. Jr. Rim-riding just inches from the outside wall Crabtree stalked down Ogle, Jr. and several times pulled even with the leader. But Ogle, Jr.’s outside momentum proved just too much as the leaders began to encounter lapped traffic with only 5 laps remaining.

“I caught up to Billy there and I really thought that I might be able to get him in the lapped traffic but he did a good job getting through it and I had a little more trouble than he did with them (lapped cars) so we will gladly take second and move on over to Smoky Mountain tomorrow.” Crabtree said. Ogle, Jr. indeed was able to maneuver well through the backmarker traffic over the last few laps save for a last lap scramble with Daniel Baggerly. “I drove to the bottom of the 16 car over there in turn 2 and nearly washed up into him. I know we touched a little but it all worked out.” Ogle, Jr. said after the event. Ogle flashed across the line under the checkered flag to take a 6 car-length win over Crabtree.

“We had a great race car tonight. I got a little worried in the later part of the races because I felt like my tires were going away and I felt like I could hear somebody behind me there. So I just tried to lay down some really good laps and get away from those guys. We were able to do that and hang on for our first win of the year. I’m glad this one’s over and we have a win to get going for the rest of the year now.” Ogle, Jr. added.

ULTIMATE Super Late Model point leader Casey Roberts had moved all the way up to the 6th position and was challenging for the 5th position when he suffered right side nose and fender damage which ended his night relegating him to a 16th place finish on the night. Roberts will however maintain his hold on the point lead headed into the $4000 to win finale of the ULTIMATE NAPA Know How Showdown on Saturday at Smoky Mountain Speedway.

OFFICIAL FINISH

ULTIMATE SUPERS RESULTS
411 SPEEDWAY- 05/25/2012

1. 201 BILLY OGLE, JR.
2. C5 DAVID CRABTREE
3. 10 CHAD OGLE
4. 21 IVEDENT LLOYD, JR.
5. 4 MARK VINEYARD
6. 47 BRETT MILLER
7. 71 PIERCE McCARTER
8. 93 DONALD BRADSHER
9. 26 TONY KNOWLES
10. 66 JAKE KNOWLES
11. 4T TOMMY KERR
12. 16 DANIEL BAGGERLY
13. 17 MATT HENDERSON
14. 57 ZACK MITCHELL
15. 98 CASEY BARROW
16. 101 CASEY ROBERTS
17. 1W DILLON WOOD
18. 18 BRANDON KINZER
19. B00 JOSH HENRY
20. 11G TRAVIS GREER
21. R1 RILEY HICKMAN
22. 30 RYAN KING
23. F4 SAMMIE RUSSELL
24. 29 RUSTY BALLENGER

The Series now moves south to the historic Smoky Mountain Speedway in Maryville, Tennessee tomorrow for the $4000 finale of the ULTIMATE NAPA Know How Showdown. For more information on tickets or directions visit www.smokymountainspeedway.com For information on the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series visit www.ultimatesupers.com and be sure to like our Facebook fan page and follow us on Twitter @ULTIMATESupers.

The ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series would like to thank all of its marketing partners for their great and continuing support. Those 2012 sponsors include: Hoosier Race Tires, American Racer Tires, VP Racing Fuel, City Chevrolet, Vicci Apparel, RockAuto.com, FK Rod Ends, Big A's Custom Graphics and Thomas Clarke Designs. ULTIMATE would also like to welcome Cool Shirt, Five Star Bodies, Hooker Harness, Kooks Custom Headers, R2C Filters, Sisco Fire and Safety and Tiger Rear Ends to our line-up of product sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series please contact Stan Lester at the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304 or Series Director Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442.