PDA

View Full Version : Best rr combo on ar's

racer21
05-27-2012, 08:36 AM
wanting to switch the rr on the mod to something besides 4 bar,seems like im always waiting on tire to
grab looking for something with good side bit in the slick,thanks for your input

johnny v
05-27-2012, 10:37 AM
wanting to switch the rr on the mod to something besides 4 bar,seems like im always waiting on the to grab looking for something with good side bit in the slick,thanks for your input

I'm guessing you left out "tire" to grab something.......

Z on RR or chain RR

racer21
05-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Yes i left that out, can you explain the RR chain deal been hearing a little about it but havent tryed it,thanks

johnny v
05-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Yes i left that out, can you explain the RR chain deal been hearing a little about it but havent tryed it,thanks

it tightens the car on throttle.... with a lot of angle in the Right bars..... the car hikes up on the RR just like the LR. ( just not as much)...the chain limits that.....Limits drive on the RR tire..... We tried it last time out.....Driver liked it... but had to stay on the low side... made it too tight to run the top......
Mark Bush had some stuff on it in the sept 2011 dirt mod mag....that's where I saw it and built the stuff to try it.....

Dirtrunner35
05-27-2012, 08:28 PM
it tightens the car on throttle.... with a lot of angle in the Right bars..... the car hikes up on the RR just like the LR. ( just not as much)...the chain limits that.....Limits drive on the RR tire..... We tried it last time out.....Driver liked it... but had to stay on the low side... made it too tight to run the top......
Mark Bush had some stuff on it in the sept 2011 dirt mod mag....that's where I saw it and built the stuff to try it.....

made it too tight to run the top......??? Running a 4- bar on the RR tightens a car?? Can you explain how? Thanks

johnny v
05-28-2012, 04:19 PM
running a chain on the RR ( not just running a 4bar)

Limits drive on the RR tire....

anytime you do that.... the LR tire out drives the RR... making the car go right instead of Left....

Dirtrunner35
05-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Ok I must have misunderstood what you said. So if you put a chain on the RR it limits the bite over there, never heard of putting a chain on the RR.

1Blacksheep
05-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Ok I must have misunderstood what you said. So if you put a chain on the RR it limits the bite over there, never heard of putting a chain on the RR.

Seen this starting 5 years ago, its been around awhile on some very fast cars . Also works great for hangin axle during shock changes .