PDA

View Full Version : Meric clip springs

lilsumo
05-27-2012, 08:19 PM
i know this has been discussed a lot, but i am looking for a way to learn why and how to explain it.

A friend and i we having a discussion the other on the motion ratio of the 3 different arms on the metric and chevelle clips.

I run a metric clip with stock metric arms and when i made the suggestion of running a 1000 or 1050 lb spring no one agreed with me. Two different people say that the motion ratio is the same on all 3 arms cause when chevy made them they kept the ratio the same.

Now i am not looking for answers like, your friends an idiot and needs to quit racing. i am looking to learn, cause i couldn't answer why the motion ratio was different and just cause i say so and i read it on a forum somewhere isn't a good answer.

So i have a 850 RF and 750 LF on a stock bottom metric clip. If i goto 1000lbs on RF should I go to a 900 on the LF?
Just want to order the correct springs.

Thanks for all the help
I

rocketmod19
05-27-2012, 10:02 PM
I know peaple say dont go under a thousand on the rf but i would just play with it and get it to where the rf just in about to bottom out then you should be good i ve gone fom 1100 to 800 on my car and i can say it all worked just depends on what track your on.

millerracing
05-28-2012, 02:08 AM
normally - rule of thumb is never split the springs more than 100 lbs for example - like u said 1000 rf - lf shouldnt go any lower than 900 , most people that i know have been keeping them
within 50 lbs of each , track i raced was always dry my metric was 900 rf 850 Lf , shock travel was good ,