PDA

View Full Version : 4bar left/2link right

a1driver
05-28-2012, 06:21 PM
i want to try this on a super stock type car, anybody have any info on it?

washeduptoo
05-28-2012, 10:03 PM
I've got experience in 4-2 but not in a super stock class. Where are you going to put the springs? Be glad to help if I can, do a search on this, alot of good suggestions out there.

a1driver
05-29-2012, 05:10 AM
i am thinking of putting the springs on a coil over on the cage behind the rear on the left and coil over behind on the right. the car is actually a stubbed grt latemodel, 2800lbs,biscuit bar,lm tires.

Mosidebite
06-02-2012, 09:35 PM
One thing I learned the hard way with this was: Make sure there is enough angle in the rr bar upwards towards the chassis. Ours was about 5 * and would drop past flat and suck the rr forward and "TIGHT" was the nice way to describe it, went to 10* and fixed it. That particular set up has potential though, if you get it where the driver is comfortable it can be very good.

a1driver
06-03-2012, 08:16 AM
ran it on a very heavy track in the heat race last night and it was just like you said, had a bit of a push from the center off but it felt good.. then the rains came, i really want to see what this does on a dry/slick track

washeduptoo
06-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Never ran the c/o rr behind, seems that would really tighten car up. Like mosidebite said rr bar angle is a key and you'll really have to find what works for you.

turner
06-06-2012, 05:07 PM
I have always ran stock suspension cars and a sportsman, but the springs had to be centered over rear. Wondering why running the spring behind on rr tightens, car? Does running it in front of left rear loosen it? Just trying to get an idea on spring placement and why moving spring in front or behind rear does what it does. Id love to run a mod and have the budget, but i am lost when it comes to all these changes. I am not looking for anyones secrets, but trying to get a general idea. Thanks for any input guys.

Mosidebite
06-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Think about the fact that when you roll into the corner and the pinion drops the rear mounted spring is compressed and therefore cramming the tire into the racing surface. Then as you accelerate the pinion is now rolling upward and actually unloading that spring a bit and causing the car to be influenced by the left rear spring. That is about as simple of a picture as I can paint.

Also remember that if the shock is moved to the front of the mount it is working in a different manner in which it was on the back mount during the movement of the pinion.