PDA

View Full Version : mrw 16# outlaw wheels....opinions

junebug
05-28-2012, 11:00 PM
im thinking bout getting some of the lightweight mrw wheels just wondered if anyone has used them and what your opinions of them are...trying to take ass much rotating weight off my car as possible

powerslide
05-29-2012, 10:49 AM
You may ask them where it is removed. If its removed toward the center it doesnt make much of a difference. If i had good funding i would have them regardless of where it was removed, thats 20pds of unspung and rotating weight you can get rid of.

Mod4k
06-14-2012, 08:42 PM
They're light because of the shell( the most important part). I have ran them for years. The only 1 I would stay away from is the lightweight beadlock. I have lost a few races(the last time cost me $1500) because of the inside folding up in larger holes. Use std weight there with their aluminum ring.

midwestmodracer
06-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Those wheels do NOT respond well to any wheel to wheel contact. If you race on a nice, wide grooved track where there isn't a lot of contact, you'll probably be ok with them. However, more "high impact" environments with these wheels usually result in a DNF, or having to work your way from the back after a flat.