PDA

View Full Version : steering quickner

robbie124
05-29-2012, 02:11 AM
i noticed this weekend that my front end is dancing around alot coming off i checked and have not found anything broke that would cause this and it didnt do it every time just kinda caught me off guard. i did find right side motor mont was loose and a loose lf ball joint. can one of these to things have caused this or would lack of driving exsperience and 2:1 steering quickner cause this. i have a diffrent quickner i can try but i figured id be better off getting use to the 2;1 what do u all think i dont really have any help around me and cant really practice i take every weekend race as a learning exsperience.

MQueen
05-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Are you talking about willard? If you are, the way the track was so bouncy it may just be the way the rear tires are loading and unloading (Biting and Steering) and yours being a sport mod with the lower powered engine I think would make it even more pronounced. I dont believe what you mentioned would be what you felt, but if you are new to the sport it does take more getting use to a quicker steering car. But make sure and check your toe you should be running 3/8 to 1/2 inch out if we are talking about the same track. Come over and talk to me anytime i'm there. M Queen 17 LM

robbie124
05-30-2012, 01:10 AM
Are you talking about willard? If you are, the way the track was so bouncy it may just be the way the rear tires are loading and unloading (Biting and Steering) and yours being a sport mod with the lower powered engine I think would make it even more pronounced. I dont believe what you mentioned would be what you felt, but if you are new to the sport it does take more getting use to a quicker steering car. But make sure and check your toe you should be running 3/8 to 1/2 inch out if we are talking about the same track. Come over and talk to me anytime i'm there. M Queen 17 LM

yep im talking about willard if i dont have to work ill check you out this weekend and see what we can figure out im new and i dont always know if its the car or me

MQueen
05-31-2012, 12:02 AM
Not sure if I will be at willard or 191 this weekend. If I am there it will be with the 63 modified I wont be running my car this weekend I had to send my shocks off to be repaired. Mark Queen