PDA

View Full Version : Hoosier late model tire help

SaddleUpLock&Load
05-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Very more knowledgable about American Racers, and team this year has got on a Hoosier deal. Trying to gain as much knowledge as possible on what works well with what. The differences between the compounds, and other knowledge. For instance this weekend, we wanted too harden rr for feature, but am trying to understand, the difference between a 1400, 1425, 1450, and so on. Is it just durometer reading, or are they different rubbers? Please share any info, or a site that could help me.

dfhotlm33c
05-29-2012, 08:38 PM
talk to Shanon rush at Hoosier. I have spoken with him a few times. He is very knowledgeable and straight forward. His email is srush@hoosiertire.com .

leadorfollow
05-31-2012, 07:07 PM
it all depends on the track is made of in all honesty. a 1400 needs a track with traction but not dry slick, a standard 1425 needs heat and keep it hot. never ever let it get cold or it'll seal over. be careful if you get the white dot or the standard 1425. The 1450 is a good tire but will take more abuse than the 1425. Now if your track is very abrasive I'd suggest the 1350, it's a synthetic rubber but it'll take some major abuse. If the track is rocky, or gritty I'd suggest that. a 1350 is actually harder than a 1425 so don't let the # fool you. Once Hoosier gets these new block tires figured out it's game on!!