PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Raceway Park, Ocala, 5000 to win, June 1 and 2, UDLMS

mf0521
05-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Looking forward to this weekend at BRP, 2 nights of racing, 5000 for late models both nights............

ALASKA54
05-30-2012, 06:18 AM
http://floridaflagstand.com/2012/05/the-seventeenth-annual-powell-memorial-returns-to-bubba-raceway-park/
Would love to see about 40 late models, each night.

latemodel28d
05-30-2012, 12:02 PM
http://floridaflagstand.com/2012/05/the-seventeenth-annual-powell-memorial-returns-to-bubba-raceway-park/
Would love to see about 40 late models, each night.

is that possible anymore abround this area? tracks will rather work against each other then with each other. least there isnt a nlms event this weekend. wayx aint running, gis aint runinng. any track running lm this weekend near them? what about nfs? cochran is having a 2k special this weekend start of a new series (american late model series) its a 7 race deal bw cochran and 441. needmore is running this weekend.

ALASKA54
05-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Lake City is running this weekend but not late models. You would think with this amount of money it would pull some racers out of Bama, like William Thomas or others from that area.

mf0521
05-30-2012, 08:38 PM
The stars are lined up to get max participation, all depends on how many of the waycross/gis cars
head south. Im thinking 30 to 35 cars.

oldsgm
05-31-2012, 08:14 AM
Waycross/GIS cars usually stay close to their home track, don't travel! Some of the cars that raced at Needmore have traveled to Florida before and may this week end. Hopefully some of the cars from around Albany/ Columbus Georgia area will make the trip, especially for 5K each night. Hoping for real good car count.

latemodel28d
05-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Waycross/GIS cars usually stay close to their home track, don't travel! Some of the cars that raced at Needmore have traveled to Florida before and may this week end. Hopefully some of the cars from around Albany/ Columbus Georgia area will make the trip, especially for 5K each night. Hoping for real good car count.

hopefully im wrong but i just dont see that many cars. maybe 30. the professor is gonna be hard to beat

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-31-2012, 09:33 AM
hopefully im wrong but i just dont see that many cars. maybe 30. the professor is gonna be hard to beat

I think you are right, unfortunately. I wish it wasn't a Hoosier only deal.

old17ford
05-31-2012, 05:18 PM
I think you are right, unfortunately. I wish it wasn't a Hoosier only deal.

yea us too

dalexander19
06-01-2012, 02:42 PM
What's the weather look like in Ocala?

Egoracing
06-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Team Outlaw is heading south, I know Shan is driving and I think Randy Weaver may also be running.

latemodel28d
06-01-2012, 06:30 PM
heard 27 lm where there

dalexander19
06-02-2012, 12:07 AM
1. 02- nosbisch
2. 46- padgent
3. 35- ausperger
4. 71- allen
Only 7 cars running at the end whitener was still out there but don't know where he was scored maybe 5th. Lloyd was running 3rd or 4th, stopped on the front straightaway to get a fresh helmet and was d-qed for his dad being the one who exchanged it on the racetrack. Without a doubt the worse race I have ever seen at Ocala they probably won't even have enough cars to make a full starting field tomorrow!!!

latemodel28d
06-02-2012, 03:38 AM
[QUOTE=dalexander19;1539168]1. 02- nosbisch
2. 46- padgent
3. 35- ausperger
4. 71- allen
Only 7 cars running at the end whitener was still out there but don't know where he was scored maybe 5th. Lloyd was running 3rd or 4th, stopped on the front straightaway to get a fresh helmet and was d-qed for his dad being the one who exchanged it on the racetrack. Without a doubt the worse race I have ever seen at Ocala they probably won't even have enough cars to make a full starting field tomorrow!!

Heard dent was dqed for both nights, was they any other altercation that went down when he stoped? Heard track was awful.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-02-2012, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=dalexander19;1539168]1. 02- nosbisch
2. 46- padgent
3. 35- ausperger
4. 71- allen
Only 7 cars running at the end whitener was still out there but don't know where he was scored maybe 5th. Lloyd was running 3rd or 4th, stopped on the front straightaway to get a fresh helmet and was d-qed for his dad being the one who exchanged it on the racetrack. Without a doubt the worse race I have ever seen at Ocala they probably won't even have enough cars to make a full starting field tomorrow!!

Heard dent was dqed for both nights, was they any other altercation that went down when he stoped? Heard track was awful.

He refused to follow the black flag for several laps. Then he stopped abruptly on the frontstretch with I think Ausberger hitting him. He argued with an official who approached the car and he got out with the official right there in his window. I don't know if there was any contact between them or what was said?

mf0521
06-02-2012, 11:40 AM
That race was something else.
More like an enduro race.
Track will probably be good tonight, but who knows how many cars will race due to last nights carnage.

dalexander19
06-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Per Ivedent Lloyds Fan Page: tonite will be the last Powell Memorial in history!!! To much info to tell the whole story just go to his page and read it! All I can say is way to go Bubba u sure done it this time!!! On Facebook.

Egoracing
06-02-2012, 01:34 PM
The rules at MANY tracks state that if a crew member sets foot on the track for any reason the driver is DQ'd. Ivedent has raced enough to know that that is a rule. If his dad walked onto the track to give him a helmet then that is the correct call. I would commend the track for not allowing one person to ignore the rules because of who they are. I have see WAY to many tracks run Friday/Saturday shows where you qulaify on one day and race the next. The tracks make a bunch of money and they drivers get paid once even thhough they pay 2 times for everyone to get into the track. With our team and a $30 per person pit enterance fee it was $120 to get in each night. If it was a 2 day event where you qualify and then race the next night that is $240 just to get thru the gate and not even enter the event, there is CONSTANTLY people saying they wish a track would run 2 events and pay both nights, Bubba decides to pay both nights and someone gets upset about it??? Ask the drivers if they would rather pay for 2 nights and get paid for one OR pay for 2 night and race for both, then ask the fans if tehy would like to pay for 2 nights to see qualifying one night and racing another or if they would rather pay 2 and watch 2 complete events. I think it is a no brainer that the drivers AND fans would rather have 2 full events, make the drivers and fans happy and they will come back.

Egoracing
06-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Per Ivedent Lloyds Fan Page: tonite will be the last Powell Memorial in history!!! To much info to tell the whole story just go to his page and read it! All I can say is way to go Bubba u sure done it this time!!! On Facebook.

FYI, if the track ownes the rights to the event they can have it every year even without the familly involved.

dalexander19
06-02-2012, 01:57 PM
FYI, if the track ownes the rights to the event they can have it every year even without the familly involved.

Yea bud got no problem with what happened rules are rules and if ure gonna dq 1 person u better do it for all, reguardless if u are the most popular driver at the track. But I do agree with the powells on the format of the race it's been the same for the past 16 years until bubba changed it. How the hell u gonna run a memorial race and have 2 different winners. It about respect and honor of those people's names, if that's how they want it run that's how it should be. Bubba has got lots of other two day shows paying $ to win both nites.

dalexander19
06-02-2012, 02:07 PM
At the same time if the officials had been doing there job they would have seen he had stopped and needed a fresh helmet, and his dad wouldn't have had to take it to him. Instead they were in the very middle of the racetrack not paying attention to what was happening!!

latemodel28d
06-02-2012, 04:51 PM
the powell's pulled their support from this event, the altercations was bw "bubba the love sponge" and powell family members

Egoracing
06-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Yea bud got no problem with what happened rules are rules and if ure gonna dq 1 person u better do it for all, reguardless if u are the most popular driver at the track. But I do agree with the powells on the format of the race it's been the same for the past 16 years until bubba changed it. How the hell u gonna run a memorial race and have 2 different winners. It about respect and honor of those people's names, if that's how they want it run that's how it should be. Bubba has got lots of other two day shows paying $ to win both nites.

I agree That there could have been a better way to do it, Maybe like this:

Run Show #1 Friday Night Pay $4000 to win and drop the purse on back.
Run Show #2 Saturday Night and Pay $4000 to win and drop the purse on back.
Then Total Points Champion Pays $2000 to win and pays it on back as many places as the races did.

Then it would be an average of the 2 races crowns the Champion.

One question I have about the helmet thing is this, I was with the UDLMCS the first year and a half so I am looking at this from the official side, If a driver is having helmet issues, he should notify an official that he needs is swapped out, If he did not notify an official then how did his team know he needed one because radios are not allowed?

latemodel28d
06-02-2012, 05:08 PM
name change for 2nights racing action

1st annual florida latemodel championship written right on ticket stub

dalexander19
06-02-2012, 05:45 PM
I agree That there could have been a better way to do it, Maybe like this:

Run Show #1 Friday Night Pay $4000 to win and drop the purse on back.
Run Show #2 Saturday Night and Pay $4000 to win and drop the purse on back.
Then Total Points Champion Pays $2000 to win and pays it on back as many places as the races did.

Then it would be an average of the 2 races crowns the Champion.

One question I have about the helmet thing is this, I was with the UDLMCS the firstyear and a half so I am looking at this from the official side, If a driver is having helmet issues, he should notify an official that he needs is swapped out, If he did not notify an official then how did his team know he needed one because radios are not
allowed?

Bc in Ocala at a big race ure team brings extra tires and tools to the infield of the racetrack. Ivedent simply pulled to the bottom of the frontstraightaway and sat for a few seconds, no one paid him any attention. Then he reved the engine a few times and got his dads attention to let him know he needed a fresh helmet, still while this was going on no official come to ivedents car or to his crew, that's the reason why I think sr. took the helmet out to the car.

Egoracing
06-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Bc in Ocala at a big race ure team brings extra tires and tools to the infield of the racetrack. Ivedent simply pulled to the bottom of the frontstraightaway and sat for a few seconds, no one paid him any attention. Then he reved the engine a few times and got his dads attention to let him know he needed a fresh helmet, still while this was going on no official come to ivedents car or to his crew, that's the reason why I think sr. took the helmet out to the car.

When we started the UDLMCS the rules were: any car damage that would cause problems you would be stopped by an official and you could get your spot back once released. If you had an issue and needed an offical, stop by one and they would come to you and determine what the issue was. If he did not stop by an offical OR stopped by his pit intentionally that would be the ONLY issue which could get him into trouble.

balknob wallbanger
06-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Problem is the racetrack is a big circus... The rule is the rule but the track was so bad i think they could have over looked the problem had a red flag and seen if everybody needed tear offs..real simple

old17ford
06-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Any results from last night ??

mf0521
06-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Last nights race was awesome, went down to the wire on a 70 lap feature.
58 of Mark Whitener won, 99 of Shan Smith was right there, incredible finish,
58 had the high line, 99 was low, they would come together even on the front and backstretches
with no contact, just a great race after friday night !
Tyler Ivey finished 5th and led some of the way early, also a good battle with the 58.
Randy Weaver was 3rd.

Egoracing
06-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Last nights race was awesome, went down to the wire on a 70 lap feature.
58 of Mark Whitener won, 99 of Shan Smith was right there, incredible finish,
58 had the high line, 99 was low, they would come together even on the front and backstretches
with no contact, just a great race after friday night !
Tyler Ivey finished 5th and led some of the way early, also a good battle with the 58.
Randy Weaver was 3rd.

The 58 and 99 started the last green flag stretch side by side and never changed for the last 6 or so laps. The 1st 2nd and 3rd place cars started 7th 9th and 11th.

CIRF
06-04-2012, 10:20 AM
By the sounds of what went on this weekend at BRP maybe the confusion and posturing that went on back in February with USAC wasn't nearly as much USAC's fault as some would have us believe. Anybody can say anything, even on satellite radio, but it doesn't make it so.

Sounds like a good thing that the Indianapolis based sanction won't be back to BRP.

It's really too bad that a memorial race had to be screwed up by this guy. This bubba the love sponge character sounds like a real nice guy. Wonder what he'll have to say about this deal on his radio show?

Egoracing
06-04-2012, 01:47 PM
By the sounds of what went on this weekend at BRP maybe the confusion and posturing that went on back in February with USAC wasn't nearly as much USAC's fault as some would have us believe. Anybody can say anything, even on satellite radio, but it doesn't make it so.

Sounds like a good thing that the Indianapolis based sanction won't be back to BRP.

It's really too bad that a memorial race had to be screwed up by this guy. This bubba the love sponge character sounds like a real nice guy. Wonder what he'll have to say about this deal on his radio show?

Most tracks would have called it the first night and many would have waited till after the heat races tried th track and then said it was not a rain out because they started the heat races. Been there seen it.
I can not remember seeing ANY track that took that much rain get raced on the same night, and as far as track condition, Talledega was by far the worst ever. I have seen a late model flip in the middle of the track by itself because of the 2ft deep ruts and that is no bs. They had cars getting stuck in the ruts under caution.
Not to many tracks that pay a purse and let the drivers in for free for weekly shows! Say what you will but he: A. puts on a show. 2. Packs the place with fans. 3. Treats all the drivers the same. 4. Enforces the rules no matter what your name is. and 5. Pays out well from lates down to the 4 cylinders. That is unless you know of another track that has a 4 cyl FWD race that pays a grand to win every few months.

drtrkr244
06-04-2012, 04:48 PM
I was told Bubba was assaulted twice by Powell family members Fri night.

Did anyone see it or have any facts to support it?

mf0521
06-06-2012, 11:25 AM
This is a response to what happened by Bubba Clem on florida flagstand and facebook :

what happened friday night at BRPPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:04 pm

I would like to take this time to explain to you what happened Friday night at approx 1am in the Pits of BRP. This isnt my side of the story, its the truth witnessed by at least 10 other people, one of which is a retired dep sheriff.

At 1am as i was sitting in a fold out chair next to my 9 year old son and with my race crew after a long night of fighting the elements/very muddy track i was approached by a woman i did not know. She walked up to me and with a attitude asked whos bubba? i knowing she was upset about something and it was very very obvious that she was very drunk told her i was bubba. at this point she goes on to say she is james powells wife. and that im am a piece of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) cause i ruined the powell name and race by making it a two day show, and i didnt call her husband back wednesday when he called me.

i calmly explained that we (the track) had a system in place to determine a overall winner of the two days and that two nights at 5000 to win each night was more racer friendly than one night of 10k to win. she wasnt having it and didnt want to hear it. i explained to her over the years most other owners would make the racers come in on friday and qualify and run heats and that my new format was better for the racers.

i then explained to her that im/my partner tom bean are at brp every sat night and that her husband needed to come see me months ago so we could make what ever changes he felt we needed to make. and that calling me 2days b4 the event wasnt very responsible. she continued to argue with me...after about 10 min of her screaming at me in front of my son telling me how i ruined her familys name i asked her to leave..

after repeated attempts to ask her to leave, she kept telling me shes not leaving, and i cant do (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).....i then became upset and yelled at her, i said get the hell out of my pits...now.....Yes i am guilty of saying that to her...i can assure you this was after no less than 10-15 min of trying to reason with someone that was so drunk she could barley stand. again all this was witnessed by at least 10 people including a former sworn dep sheriff.
at this point one of my female track employees asks her to leave and she does.

ten min later here comes james powell headed my way.. im still sitting in my chair next to my son..mr powell walks up to me while im sitting down and punches me in the face. he tells me this is for cussing at my wife.. this in front of my son. nice........

mr powell was obviously very drunk as well i then get up, grab mr powell and attempt to give him what he gave me, of which i think a few of my punches landed, at this point 2 of his drinking buddies jump on my back but cant get me to the ground, at this point my crew jumps in and gets them off of me and i tell mr powell he needs to leave.

mr powell then proceeds to tell me that he is camping in his bus in my parking lot and hes not going anywhere. i told him im not a tattle tale, and im not calling the marion co sheriff to have them arrested for hitting me if they just leave the property

at this point they leave. i didnt want to call the police and already make a bad situation worse...although perhaps now that i look back i should have cause it would have explained who did what and all you haters wouldnt have your bubba the love jerk smart ass comments. the sad thing of it all is this.
1. my son had to witness this
2. as they drove away ive been told they had their kids in the bus
3. i never met mr/mrs powell but ive heard nothing but wonderful wonderful things about them and they were so so pro racer.. this situation no matter how you slice it is bad for their good/honorable name.

me/my partner tom bean/ and our race track will not tolerate this kind of drunken behavior while we are trying to honor your good family.
i wish the powells nothing but the best and im ashamed for my part in this very embarrassing situation....mr/mrs powell would have never wanted these issues.....

from now on this time in june will be the florida late model state championship with 5000 to win for two nights. and the overall winner being awarded a championship type ring....congrats to this years winnner mark whitner im headed to old north east jewelers tomm to design marks ring and it will be awarded to him when its done.

please keep updated on 2day florida state championships races being scheduled right now for hobbys/open wheel/v8 thunders and limited late models at bubbaracewaypark.com

thank you to all for giving me a chance to tell you the truth

Bubba Clem