PDA

View Full Version : Mastersbilt LR brake

teammastersbilt
05-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Hey guys has anyone tried running a smackdown car with the LR brake on the birdcage with any success? I have been a little tight on entry and really tight picking up the gas in the middle of the corner when the car flattens out. Would this help keep the LR up and make for less of a transition in the middle of the corner over all improving the whole corner?

SS Motorsports
05-30-2012, 10:21 AM
My experience has been it will make it tighter on entry if you run it on the birdcage.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-30-2012, 12:00 PM
What it does for you will be very dependent on what the driver does. Essentially, it will add resistance to birdcage rotation when the brakes are applied. What happens next depends on where you are on the track and the car's attitude at that time.

teammastersbilt
05-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Thats what I was I was kind of wondering if it would help the car turn better in the middle if it would stay up on the LR a little more. Seems the biggest problem it that the car has to much traction in the middle of the corner. Would moving the 5th coil back a hole help this problem? Thanks in advance.

9WRACER
05-30-2012, 10:16 PM
a little softer or less preload on the 5th arm or raising the left bottom bar a hole would help this.

HuckleberryB4
06-04-2012, 10:25 AM
You wouldn't want to move the 5th coil back. That would give you more instant traction on the gas. Are you tight in the middle on or off the gas?

jedclampit
06-04-2012, 12:50 PM
I'd look to adding rebound to your rf shock, and possibly compression and gas pressure to your lr front to decrease hikedown. A softer lr spring may help both hikedown and tightness on throttle up.
Really dependant on what your whole package is.A car that drops down quick/alot on entry gets tight and the nose darts to the wall.
Don't have any experience with caliper on bircage on lr deal.

jedclampit
06-04-2012, 12:54 PM
What it does for you will be very dependent on what the driver does. Essentially, it will add resistance to birdcage rotation when the brakes are applied. What happens next depends on where you are on the track and the car's attitude at that time.

Wouldn't this help roll the lr up when you apply brakes?

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-04-2012, 02:22 PM

It definitely helps keep it up there if you use the brakes before it drops. In my experience it loosens the braking handling with the car "down", but I didn't really seem to get any lift from it. That was years ago with different chassis attitudes, however.

This certainly isn't how I would go about adding lr braking forces to the chassis and I don't think it is how you would do it either. ;)

teammastersbilt
06-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I'd look to adding rebound to your rf shock, and possibly compression and gas pressure to your lr front to decrease hikedown. A softer lr spring may help both hikedown and tightness on throttle up.
Really dependant on what your whole package is.A car that drops down quick/alot on entry gets tight and the nose darts to the wall.
Don't have any experience with caliper on bircage on lr deal.

I have been running the car with out a LR front shock. The car is to loose on entry when I run it. Would I be be better off running the LR front shock and try stiffening the RR to a 250# to keep the entry?

OLd_Sch00L
06-11-2012, 01:47 PM

What about floating the LR caliper independently, instead of floating it on the birdcage? I'm thinking this will help roll the LR up and keep it there when the brakes are applied...

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-11-2012, 07:07 PM
What about floating the LR caliper independently, instead of floating it on the birdcage? I'm thinking this will help roll the LR up and keep it there when the brakes are applied...

Shh! You are thinking better, IMO

racer241
06-12-2012, 04:19 PM
I ran the Brake on the left rear on our 08 Masters all year last year, and had some pretty good success with it, it can definitely help you turn on entry and is often great on fast tacky tracks where it can be hard to turn when the car comes down then back up real hard. It also really depends on how you drive it, it can be rode hard with throttle on entry and keep car in J-bar helping on a dry entry. It can hurt in certain situations which is why we made it as an option we can change back to axle in about 5-10 minutes. TWM has the parts for this