PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate SLM Series-Points Battle Could Tighten Saturday at Wythe Raceway

FASTRAKPR
05-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Roberts Leads Baggerly and the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Contenders in to Wythe Raceway Saturday

Rural Retreat, Virginia – Casey Roberts and all of his closest ULTIMATE Super Late Model title pursuers will make their first appearance of the season at Fred and Susan Brown’s Wythe Raceway in Rural Retreat, Virginia this Saturday night, June 2. The 40-lap event will pay $4000 to the winner and could prove to be a pivotal point in the season-long points chase. Roberts’ leads Daniel Baggerly by 36 markers but Wythe Raceway is where Baggerly cut his racing teeth and the site of some of his strongest career runs including a win. “We have been getting better and better every week and I think we may be pretty close to contending for our first ULTIMATE Series win. Casey and all these guys we race against are tough every week so you really have to be on your game to win one of these things. I am excited about going to Wythe and seeing how we can do against these guys at our home track.” Baggerly said.

Roberts was apprehensive about speculating on his chances at Wythe. “We have had some pretty good runs at Wythe. It’s a real fast track and it suits my driving style pretty well. But we really had a tough weekend in Tennessee last week. I am glad we have that one behind us. I finally started feeling pretty good at 411 on Friday night and had started moving up towards the front when the nose got rolled up which ended our night. And then on Saturday at Smoky Mountain we had transmission problems before we even hot lapped the car. We salvaged a top 10 up there but it was just a bad weekend all in all. So I hope we can get turned back around and going in the right direction this weekend at Wythe. We will just have to go and give it our best shot and see what happens.” Roberts said.

The ULTIMATE Super Late Models will headline the card at Wythe which is presented by H&H Auto Sales of Galax, Virginia. Also expected along with Roberts and Baggerly will be drivers such as Zack Mitchell, Casey Barrow, Dennis Franklin, Billy Ogle, Jr., Donald Bradsher and many others. Pit gates are set to open at 4 PM with the drivers meeting scheduled for 6:15 PM. H&H Auto Sales of Galax presented event will also feature FASTRAK Weekly Pro Late Models, R & C Super Streets, Modifieds, UCARs, Pro Minis and Ucar 2 on the undercard. For complete ticket information, directions to the speedway and event information visit www.wytheraceway.com or call (276) 620-2015. Wythe Raceway is located at 164 Race Track Road in Rural Retreat, Virginia.

The ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series would like to thank all of its marketing partners for their great and continuing support. Those 2012 sponsors include: Hoosier Race Tires, American Racer Tires, VP Racing Fuel, City Chevrolet, Vicci Apparel, RockAuto.com and FK Rod Ends. ULTIMATE would also like to welcome Cool Shirt, Five Star Bodies, Hooker Harness, Kooks Custom Headers, R2C Filters, Sisco Fire and Safety and Tiger Rear Ends to our line-up of product sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series please contact Stan Lester at the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304 or Series Director Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442. Visit the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series online at www.ultimatesupers.com and be sure to like us our Facebook fan page and follow us on Twitter for event and schedule updates @ULTIMATESupers.