PDA

View Full Version : Boyd's Speedway On Friday For The NeSmith Chevrolet DLMS

crusapr
05-30-2012, 11:57 PM
CARTERSVILLE, GA – The next event for the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series Touring Division will be this Friday night at Boyds Speedway in Ringgold, GA for a $2,000-to-win 40-lap race. Through the years, there has been a real connection between the and the area around Boyd’s Speedway.

The NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series will be making its first-ever appearance this Friday night at Boyd’s Speedway, located on the Georgia-Tennessee state-line. Although the series has never raced there before, the Ringgold-Chattanooga area has a rich history with the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series.

The first-ever NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series Champion in 2005 was Denny Slayton of Ringgold, GA and the winningest driver in the history of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series is from Chattanooga, and is known nationwide as “The Chattanooga Flash.”

National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame Inductee Ronnie Johnson of Chattanooga, TN has 14 victories since 2005 competing with the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series and leads the series’ all-time win list. Johnson very rarely commits to being at any certain race track on any given night, but he has made an exception for this one.

“I usually don’t decide where I’m going to race until the last minute on a race day, but I can tell you where I’m going to be this Friday night, and that’s at Boyd’s Speedway,” Johnson said. “The NeSmith Dirt Late Model Series has been good to me and with them racing in my hometown just 15 minutes from my shop, I want to race with the series in front of my hometown fans.”

Johnson will be looking for his 15th NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series win against an expected field of 40 drivers from eight different states. The battle for the 2012 NeSmith Cup and the $20,000 that goes the series’ championship is hot and heavy going the 11th Round of the season.

Two-time NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series Champion David Earl Gentry of Murfreesboro, TN leads the series point standings after two wins in ten starts in quest of his third title. Gentry has a 14-point lead over Matthew Turner of Dawsonville, GA.

Turner is the “Ironman” of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series, as he will be looking to compete in his 135th consecutive series event on Friday night at Boyd’s Speedway. Turner is the only driver that has competed in every series event held since its inception in 2005.

Just four points separate the third and fourth-place drivers in the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series point standings. Veteran Johnny Stokes of Columbus, MS is third and the VP Racing Fuels Rookie of the Year point leader, Chris Cantrell of Chester, SC is fourth. The 2011 VP Racing Fuels Rookie of the Year Chase Edge of Lafayette, AL is in the fifth spot.

Other top NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series regulars expected this Friday night at Boyd’s Speedway include Larry Harrod of Plains, GA, Anthony White of Clinton, TN, Jake Teague of Oliver Springs, TN, Michael Blount of Sumrall, MS, Ronnie Cooper of McKenzie, TN, Marcus Minga of Shannon, MS, Cody Kierre of Beebe, AR, and Frank Wilson of Harold, FL.

Also expected are a host of East Tennessee and East Alabama NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series drivers that compete in a series for non-touring drivers. They compete at 411 Motor Speedway in Seymour, TN, Smoky Mountain Speedway in Maryville, TN and Talladega Short Track in Eastaboga, AL on a weekly basis against drivers from other NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series tracks across the country through a points system.

The 2012 NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series Champion will pocket $10,000 at the end of the season. NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series driver can earn 25 Bonus Points by competing in Touring Division races.

Ryan King of Seymour, TN will lead the NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series contingent into Boyd’s Speedway this Friday night. King is currently the sixth ranked driver among the 300-plus drivers competing in the NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series.

The local favorites include Jeff Smith of Villanow, GA, Jason Welsham of Madisonville, TN, and Todd Morrow of East Ridge, TN. Smith is a former regular on the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series Tour and was the 2006 National Championship runner-up. Morrow has a 2009 NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series win on his resume.

On Friday night, the Pit Gate opens at 4 p.m. and NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series Registration and Pre-Race Technical Inspection from 4:15 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. The Drivers Meeting is set for 6:45 p.m. with racing scheduled for 7 p.m.

Boyd’s Speedway is located just south of Chattanooga, TN on the Tennessee-Georgia state line, east of Exit 1 of I-75 off U.S. Highway 41 at 1481 Scruggs Road, Ringgold, GA 30736. For more information about Boyd’s Speedway call 706-891-6803, or visit the track web site at www.boydsspeedway.net.

For more information about the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series visit the series web site at www.nesmithracing.com, or visit the series on Facebook at NeSmith Racing. Becoming a fan of the NeSmith Racing Facebook page will make you eligible for special prizes that will be given away each month. You can follow us on Twitter @NeSmithRacing.

NeSmith Chevrolet, Buick, GMC of Claxton, GA is the Title Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. NeSmith Chevrolet, Buick, GMC is the nation’s number one GM Powertrain Dealer four years running, with free delivery anywhere in the Southeast. Chevrolet Performance Parts is an Official Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. Hoosier Racing Tire is the Official Tire Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. VP Racing Fuel is the Official Racing Fuel of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. Hedman Hedders is the Official Hedder of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series and the Hedman Husler Award sponsor. Bilstein Shocks is the Official Spec Shock of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. RockAuto.com is an Official Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series Contingency Sponsors for 2012 are Dominator Race Products, Race Car Engineering, KRC, QA 1 Precision Products, Modern Images, Mike Custom Tanks, Shorty’s Shock Service, Schoenfeld Headers, Integra Racing Shocks, J.T. Kerr Racing Equipment, Kinser Air Filters, Trak-Star Race Cars, Warrior Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, GRT Race Cars, TNT Race Cars, and Stinger Race Cars.