PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bite / Scaling the car tonight! 5-31-12

Sportmod Rookie
05-31-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm planning on buying a set of scales soon that way I'm using the same set everytime but cant afford it right now. So......for now I'm stuck with whoever has time to help me. I'm running a DW8 IMCA Northern Sportmod. When I talked to Dirt Works last year they said no more then 20 lbs bite. When I bought the car the guy scaled it at 88 lbs and he was running a large 3/8 mile track. I'm running a high banked 1/3 mile track. I had work done by a guy in my area then had him scale it and he had about 84 lbs. Later in the year a friend driving A-mod scaled it and only put 28 lbs of bite which i thought the car handled the best then. This winter I had some changes made on the rear end and had a chassis builder scale it and he put 100 lbs bite. When scaling it tonight I'm thinking about going done to around 30lbs. They all were 54% to 56% rear. Last year I had more trouble spinning this year the wall and I have met a couple times. Thoughts? What a good starting point? I had one person tell me on here to run 75 lbs. I guess I just dont understand why everyone runs so much when DW says no more then 20lbs.

powerslide
05-31-2012, 01:29 PM
never mind see its northern sportmod

Sportmod Rookie
05-31-2012, 01:37 PM
3 link, solid pull bar, panhard bar behind the rear end, springs are center on top of the axle. Cant change any of this since that is the IMCA sportmod rules.

dirttrackrocker
05-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Which amount seemed to work best for you?? I'd go with that.

jsf74
05-31-2012, 06:35 PM
just put it back where it seemed best.