PDA

View Full Version : Twin tube or mono tube???

racer21
06-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Just wondering which shock is better for witch application,Can some of you shock guy give a little insight on witch would be the best,the track is fairly smooth and slick its short 1/4
with average banking,Im fixing to get shocks and was going to get some input on it,thanks

powerball
06-01-2012, 05:15 PM
you ever heard of afco they have a shock book that explains it to a T. why not try doin a little research

racer21
06-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Hey BALL,thanks so much for the advise i think i will try that,and i dont need any one to share any experiences with either of the shocks i had in question,because im going to do as BALL
said and do a LOT of rescreach and get all the details !!!!! I mean why would the world need dirt track forums when all you got to do is a little research!! :) :) :)

restad4r
06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
It really depends on your budget, if your weekely racing on a 1/4 mile smooth and slick track i would say save your pennys and get some twin tubes like some afco's or something like that and if your budget allows get double adjustables. It used to be a general rule that twin tubes were better in the slow slick smooth stuff and mono-tubes were better on faster rougher stuff but now with the newer mono tube stuff that's not so much the case. just my opinion

ant

F22 RAPTOR
06-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Twin tube typically gives better driver feel and perform well on slick/smooth tracks.
Mono tube typically performs best in rougher, heavier situations.

Having said that, these are generalities and if a given racer learns how to effectively use whichever shocks he has he can run well with either. I use to work for Carrera Racing Shocks Atlanta and we sold both twin & mono and races were won with both types. Biggest thing, don't get caught up in trick of the week nonsense, go to a seminar and learn how to use shocks is my best advice. I personally like twin tubes, but mono's are good too. Genesis makes a great mono tube and PRO still makes their tried and true twin tubes.