PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Stagger

BIG10
06-01-2012, 09:59 AM
I have a leafspring mod ith a 410 engine.i am having trouble hooking up on dry/slick.I was told to try reverse stagger & take gear out.Im going to run a 5.29 gear.I just dont know how much reverse stagger to put in car.Any ideas?

chapa9
06-01-2012, 02:11 PM
No reverse stagger. Put your car on scales make sure you got the percentages close. The reverse stagger in my opionan just keeps the car from rolling threw the corner. I don't know much bout leaf spring stuff but I would lower stagger maybe bring in the rr really anything before going reverse stagger.

For what it's worth in my opionan there should never be a reason to run reverse stagger in a car. We want the car to turn left not right. But I'm not an expert in sure plenty of guys have run well with it I just don't think it's the right way or good advice

MQueen
06-01-2012, 02:18 PM
In my leaf spring bomber days we would run 1" reverse for feature, made it loose in but did tighten off.

racin6mod
06-01-2012, 06:10 PM
I have seen this work for handling problem but I think ther is a better way to get bite coming off the corner. pm me for info

Dirtrunner35
06-01-2012, 07:12 PM
How big s the track ? Depends on how the rest of the car is set-up, it might make it really tight. Are you burning up the RR tire ?

emodracer
06-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Try running with a half inch to no stagger.

1Blacksheep
06-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Bad idea , good way to test the fence for containment on exit. Really scary with very much static bite .

Ssm31
06-03-2012, 05:03 PM
I would run reverse stagger on my street stock (camero) but it was just a crutch for the night. Be prepared to go towards the wall on exit, the more stagger the harder and fast it'll take you. If you do decide to do it start with a little til you get use to it. When you find yourself letting off the throttle and and steering left to stay off the wall, that is the sign of not to go any further. But I would make whatever adjustments necessary to correct it.