PDA

View Full Version : Starting the race

jeff10ever
06-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Ok I'm a new young driver and I have been asking questions to other drivers about how I should be starting the race I have heard hold the clutch in a work the rpms up to about 3 grand and just work the clutch to stay close. and I have been told by some to just work the gas and stay as close as possible to the one in front of me Im just wanting to know other drivers opinions or other ways Thanks

sj valley dave
06-01-2012, 12:01 PM
If you want to have to replace your clutch disc alot, slipping the clutch will accomplish that! LOL All seriousness...Have it in the gear that you race in and you should not be messing with the clutch...let it be fully engaged...To take the green you will be up in the RPM band OK..

3dinter
06-01-2012, 02:57 PM
If im behind someone i try to ride their bumper or push them a lil till the green drops, if im on inside front row i roll real slow for the start and when the car behind me bumps me...i floor it....hoping when they bump me they back off the gas and i get a jump on them. lotta mind games for the start.

Dirksracing
06-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I was told by a guy that has decades of racing experience that the best way to start is get your bumper right on the car in front of you. Go about half throttle and use the brake to control your speed to stay right on the other cars bumper. If you need to use more throttle then do so but as soon as you see the flag drop or light turn green floor it and let off the brake and you take off like a rocket. The amount of throttle depends on the amount of grip you will have you want to give it as much as your car can handle. I have used this method many times and will jump past cars that are much more powerful than mine.