PDA

View Full Version : Tight entry!

3dracer
06-02-2012, 02:09 PM
We have all seen it. The car starts to push on entry, and when you let off the gas it takes off. It is really noticeable on a wet track, such as hotlaps, and the heat. If we don't change anything when it gets dry, it is really good and we go forward. But I can't get through the heat race. I know it is a bar issue. But We can't find it. What do you guys do if it is tight in, on a wet track?

It is a 4-4 Impressive Car.

charcoal01
06-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Add trail, raise rlb a hole, or raise j bar on pinion, or a mixture of the three.

3dracer
06-02-2012, 02:30 PM
We have raised rrlb up 2 holes, raised pinion j-bar. We have not lengthened rr wheel base. How much?

charcoal01
06-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Start with a 1/4. If the car likes it, go more. Just take it out before a dry main. If when you let off it gets worse, it's because the steer I going away and the rr is loaded more than the lr. What shock do you have on the lr?

kraftkar7x
06-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Soften the lf spring up that will free you up on entry

charcoal01
06-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Sounds like he's trying to keep it easy because his car is really good in the main, so spring probably isn't a good choice.

not clamped up
06-02-2012, 04:19 PM
We have all seen it. The car starts to push on entry, and when you let off the gas it takes off. It is really noticeable on a wet track, such as hotlaps, and the heat. If we don't change anything when it gets dry, it is really good and we go forward. But I can't get through the heat race. I know it is a bar issue. But We can't find it. What do you guys do if it is tight in, on a wet track?

It is a 4-4 Impressive Car.
If you have a 4 inch offset on the RR like they recomend put on a 3 inch or get a 1 inch wheel spacer or you can try moving the RR upper bar down on the birdcage or up on the frame it works at some tracks and some it doesn't.

3dracer
06-02-2012, 10:09 PM
LR shock is a 6/2 Pro. We run the shocks what he recommends except they are Pro's. The 1" spacer is a good idea.

Spring change is not really what I am looking for. It is REAL good in the slick, just too tight when wet on entry.

clm15
06-03-2012, 09:56 AM
How does the car land off the gas into the corner? We have the same thing going on. Car is great in the main,but sucks in the heat.
Our car has alot of hikeup all the time,I noticed it lands hard at entry.The driver always says it is tight on entry. Done the pinion up.(affects exit)the j-bar down.(Wrong) the rt lower bar up (can you say 4 wheel slide)ect....
I want to tie the rf shock,and put alot of comp in the left rear. I think this will hold the car up on entry so it dont get the rr loaded so fast? Wanted to try this this weekend but rain rain rain... Am i off on the thinking? Good Racing guys!

3dracer
06-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Even before it lands you can feel it tighten up. The rrlb raised, it carries the LF. Tried the j-bar and pinion locations too. Skates the car.

racin6mod
06-03-2012, 10:04 PM
whats the rf shock

3dracer
06-03-2012, 10:14 PM
we have tried a 5/3 and a 3/5. It feels like a rear bar issue though.

powerslide
06-04-2012, 11:27 AM
RF brake shut off.

Or dont be scared to spin the tires in the slop. Seems like the guys winning hot laps are the ones that just hold it to the floor and lettem spin. I personally dont like my motors tongue hanging out like that so i dont do it.

Egoracing
06-04-2012, 02:06 PM
More rear brake.

Or more LF spring. The LF spring gets you into the corner and is almost unloaded the rest of the time. A stiffer spring will catch more weight during decelleration and braking a stiffer LF will cause the car to want to turn in that direction. Go to your local racing parts house and get a couple spring rubbers. Put one in and try it out. You can pull it out in about 30 seconds if it is not right or you need to change for the feature, just jack that corner up an bit and slide it out.

Dirtrunner35
06-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Air pressure and springs ?

3dracer
06-04-2012, 05:47 PM
tried the spring rubber, but I still think it is in the rear... We are running exactly what Jumper recommends on springs and air.

Egoracing
06-04-2012, 08:07 PM
This should help, it is the best adjustment guide out there.
http://www.integrashocksandsprings.com/general/assets/PDFs/4LinkDirtSuspensionShockTuningGd.pdf

washeduptoo
06-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Are you running a dampner shock, taking it off will loosen entry some. Make sure your brake bias is correct and your adjusting set of wheels that your wanting to if you didn't run brake lines. Some times the brake master cylinders and lines are run different then your use to. Best of luck.

bluemod
06-05-2012, 09:34 PM
im having the same issue. I run 90/10 on the rear so if u put a dummy shock in its place it would free up entry? Will this have any other effects?

washeduptoo
06-05-2012, 10:14 PM
It can loosen entry and you might gain some forward drive. Most in my area don't run them anymore, but you do what you think car needs no matter what anyone else is doing. Best of luck.

dualdj1
06-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Or more LF spring. The LF spring gets you into the corner and is almost unloaded the rest of the time.

More LF spring tightens the car going in. You need either less LF or more RF - LF only effects entry, RF will effect whole corner. (read the guide you posted again)

If you want a bar change, take LBL up 1 on frame, or lengthen RBL.

Raising RBL gonna loosen you overall, not just entry. so if it feels good mid/off, that's not what you want. LBL mainly effects entry

speaker56
06-06-2012, 12:34 PM
That would be correct soften the left front spring to help the car turn in not stiffen it.

Have you tried reducing the drop in your left rear or lowering the left rear upper on the frame? Those two changes along with moving the j-bar up on the pinion and more rear brake seems to help the cars driveability in tacky conditions more than anything.

bluemod
06-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I would like to trying takin it off and see what its reaction would be but having a long pull bar 42in should i put a dumby shock on

stockcar5
06-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Or more LF spring.

more lf spring will tighten entry. he needs less lf spring. remember its tacky/wet so hes not gonna brake on entry much if at all.

justdrive33
06-14-2012, 10:55 PM
I have an impressive. Both of my neighbors have an impressive. I fought the same thing, it is the 90/10. Take it off, conpletely. It makes the axle stay wrapped back and keeps drive in the car. So it is like you are still on the gas. This pushes the front end and won't let it turn in. TAKE IT OFF! Neither of my neighbors run one.