PDA

View Full Version : Lower Control Arm Question?????

JOKER22
06-03-2012, 05:48 PM
What is better a single piece lower and strut rod or the 2 piece?cotrol

John H
06-03-2012, 08:29 PM
For fit and price I would say the 2 pc. set-up is the way to go. For performance the only advantage I see is the ability to have a more durable dropped shock mt. on the RF.

Matt49
06-03-2012, 09:01 PM
On some cars, it's getting to the point that one-piece is about all you can get your hands on. But forget about setting caster the old fashion way with the strut length. You're going to need some slotted uppers. A lot of people disagree with me on this but this has been our experience.

JOKER22
06-04-2012, 06:45 PM
The car is a 2001 Stinger, I have had some 1 piece lowers give to me and after a wreck i am having to replace the 2 piece, so i was wanting to know what u guys thought about the 1 piece design, I am gonna replace both sides and there free.. lol .. but i have been told it binds the car up and been told u will bend the chassis if u get hit there with the 1 piece because it dosnt give likt the 2 piece design does???

AmickRacing
06-04-2012, 11:40 PM
I've heard a lot of bad things about the 1 piece lowers... well, not really bad...
Just tougher to adjust caster, can get in a bind easier, and way less forgiving when you run into things.

I have a set for my car, but they are my spare-spare's. I'd rather tear a corner off vs kill the frame. Also, in lighter hits, you can usually get away with just replacing the strut tube or something vs the whole thing.