PDA

View Full Version : Right front shock help

Hagen14t
06-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Hey guys i have a quick question. I just ran tonight and it was the first night that it was real slick. I didnt have any bite out of the corner. I know that is a problem alot of people have but the car is good everywhere but just doesnt go forward when its slick. My question is, i have a really pin down shock on the right front.(Its the allen shock package, i dont know the exact number but i know its really easy to push in and stays in, and doesnt retract hardly at all and its a bilstein. Washeduptoo might know the number). But my question is, do you think i could be pinning down the right front too hard? I have heard people say that pullbar cars(which this is) dont need to pin down like that. What do you think?

xxxmod
06-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Less rebound on th RF will tighten exit..... Bilstein 50-30 or 50-50

Egoracing
06-04-2012, 02:16 PM
What type of suspension? On a 4 bar with floated birdcages I would lower the LR Bottom Bar on the frame. This will tighten the car from the cneter off while on the gas and is a typical adjustment with the track gets slick.

Hagen14t
06-04-2012, 03:48 PM
It is a 4 bar car.

washeduptoo
06-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Most dry slick shock pkgs rf we have tried have been close to the same, go down easy and it stays down(also low gas pressure in the 50-75 psi range). What rf spring? Check to make sure your lf shock rebounds fairly quick. If thats ok, if you have a b/c that has holes on the top closer to the axle, try that. If your rr trail, take it out. Just some suggestions and good luck.

Dirtrunner35
06-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Drive it in and not slide it in, take out rear steer on slick. throttle control, different gear, no pre-load in pull bar. I would use a z link on the RR, on slick too much RR bite from a 4 bar will make the rear come around. IMO, I would not have alot of rebound in the LF, that will make weight transfer to the RR and make it more looser.

washeduptoo
06-04-2012, 05:36 PM
I don't think I said a lot of rebound(I need to word things better), just make sure lt does rebound and not damaged. Good luck.

locknload
06-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey washeduptoo if i were to lower the left upper on the birdcage do i lengthen the upper rod to maintain indexing or is that defeating the purpose. Sorry about hijacking the thread. Thanks

charcoal01
06-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Not to hi jack thread, but been kickin around the idea of running a 4-6.5 on the lf. Currently have a 5-3 on the lf and 3-8 on rf. Thoughts are killing rr traction just off apex, instead of lowering rub. Lowering rub will kill a little sidebite and don't want to have to run more j bar than needed. Run on a big 3/8 that is always slick and a little dusty come feature. Car is an animal to the middle but lacking a little drive from center off. Chevelle clip car imca.

washeduptoo
06-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Locknload, basically your indexing the b/c when you drop it down closer to the axle. We just drop it down but you have to check it on the scales to see if its changing lr bite etc, just because that is what we do doesn't mean its right.
Charcoal01, are those 1st number comp or rebound?

charcoal01
06-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Compression.

washeduptoo
06-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Give it a try, might be what you need but I think it will rebound too slow. Hopefully others will have a better answer/explanation for you.

Dirtrunner35
06-05-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't think I said a lot of rebound(I need to word things better), just make sure lt does rebound and not damaged. Good luck.

I run a 76 on the LF and 5-3 RF.

washeduptoo
06-05-2012, 10:08 PM
If that works for you great, every car/driver/track can be different. I'm for sure far far far from being a shock person. Best of luck.

Dirtrunner35
06-06-2012, 08:41 AM
That's what my chassis builder says to run, pierce.

washeduptoo
06-06-2012, 01:48 PM
I thought the subject was about the Allen Shock pkg, my mistake.

Dirtrunner35
06-07-2012, 07:57 PM
No mistake, people get caught up in only running what the chassis builder says and not trying other stuff. I've tried different stuff on mine.

It would be nice to drive other peoples cars to see how they handle.