PDA

View Full Version : What Fuel Pressure With Gas?

HuckleberryB4
06-04-2012, 10:19 PM
What kind of fuel pressure do you guys run with gas? We've always ran alcohol and set our pressure around 6 at idle and its around 9-10 when on the straights. This year we switched over to gas and haven't touched our regulator so we're running the same pressures. I've bee told that the current setting is too much pressure for gas and I need to back it down to around 4 at idle? I've been having an issue with the motor stumbling from the center of the corner off. Could this be my problem? Is it dumping too much fuel in when I get off the gas and when I need to get back on the gas it's having a hard time burning the excess fuel? Thanks.

joedoozer
06-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I run a Holley HP Ultra carb and my fuel pressure is 6 psi. The pressure never changes with RPM.

washeduptoo
06-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Talked to our engine builder just last week about fuel pressure and he said to run 7-8 on gas. Didn't ask about idle but ours is 3. Good luck.

sj valley dave
06-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I agree with Doozer..We are at 7 lbs and stays constant..idle or at RPM...9-10 is way too much pressure...Do you have a .110 Viton needle seat combo?