PDA

View Full Version : FASTRAK- Lavonia Speedway(GA) Back on The Map

FASTRAKPR
06-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Lavonia Speedway to See Action in ‘12. Will Serve as HOME of FASTRAK Once Again

Carnesville, GA (June-5) For decades, Lavonia Speedway, located just south of the Northeast Georgia mountain foothills, would roar to life each spring in a manner some would describe as a rite of passage. Race fans, entire families mind you, would turn out on Opening Day with lawn chairs, seat cushions, and blankets undaunted by the crispness that could still be felt in the night air. Overwhelmingly, the general consensus always was – It’s Lavonia Speedway and its Opening Day. On the other side of the grandstand fence, competitors filled the infield to capacity on Opening Day often requiring the need to put into service a second pit area outside of turn four.

In recent years, Lavonia Speedway has served as the home of the FASTRAK Racing Series. Many epic battles have been fought on the 3/8’s mile semi banked clay oval. All FASTRAK City Chevrolet Touring Division Champions have done battle at Lavonia Speedway en-route to their championships. Former FASTRAK Racing Series Grand National Champions Hot Rod Lamance, Royce Bray, and Shannon Buckingham each began their campaigns to win the FASTRAK Racing Series Grand Nationals at Lavonia Speedway.

Late last week, Max King secured 100% sole ownership of Lavonia Speedway and wasted no time in expressing his intentions. “While there is much work to be done, our plan is to have the facility up and running in the second half of 2012. In fairness to other facilities in the immediate area, we will not see action on a weekly basis for the remainder of 2012; however, our hope is to hold 3 or 4 larger scale events”

King went on to add “looking beyond 2012, Lavonia Speedway is now and will continue to be the HOME of the FASTRAK Racing Series. FASTRAK and Lavonia Speedway were synonymous with each other in the past and it’s my expectation to further strengthen our relationship with FASTRAK and move forward together.

For more information and details on what’s upcoming for Lavonia Speedway, contact track owner Max King at (706)436-8444

The FASTRAK Racing Series and FASTRAK City Chevrolet Touring Division would like to acknowledge all of our marketing partners; Hoosier Race Tires, VP Racing Fuel, City Chevrolet, Chevrolet Performance Parts, Vicci Apparel, TNT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, Longhorn Race Cars, RockAuto.com, FK Rod Ends. Cool Shirt, Five Star Bodies, Hooker Harness, Kooks Custom Headers, R2C Filters, Sisco Fire and Safety and Tiger Rear Ends. To become a partner of the FASTRAK Racing Series, please contact Michael Hurley at the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304 or Series Director Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442. Visit the FASTRAK Racing Series website at www.fastrakracing.com Be sure to follow us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter at @FASTRAK_Racing

PaperMen
06-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Glad to hear this news even though i already knew it was coming....(lol)

If Lavonia Speedway is going to be a success in the future, one thing needs to be done!!
The turn (4) gate needs to be removed and a wall put back in it's place. The wall is already down on the back stretch so why not move the pit entrance gate to the middle of the back stretch. Before Lavonia was shortened to the current "Big" 3/8 mile it is, the track was a 4/10 mile and the pit entrance crossed the front straight. Turn (4) back then was further back. The current entrance serves as a launching ramp to all race cars that compete there. I have saw drivers cross that hump there and wind up with broken ribs. It is unsafe and should be done away with. There is plenty enough room for the haulers to get around to the track side area. This is just my opinion but i am sure there are others that feel the same as i do.

VICTORY-N-JESUS
06-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Agree with papermen and while wall is down widen the track off of turn 2 it's been too tight for real side by side off 2 since track was shortened. wasn't any clay left last time i was there. Old track was banked more also.

Sounds good anytime a track opens back up , i hope mr. King is serious into 2103 when he say he respects other tracks.

The owners/promoters of toccoa ,westminster have invested lots of money the last couple of years and fought this economy,
mr.lance has come back from health issues and worked to keep hartwell running.

Westminster on friday , toccoa & hartwell on saturday with the economy not back yet car counts down last couple of years with drivers in the stands i've seen wishing they could race i hope he finds a place that all can prosper next year. I understand only a few big shows this year. Talking about next year.