PDA

View Full Version : Tight when the car is off the bars.

4-x
06-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I have a 07 pierce and as long as I am on the gas on entrance the car turnes fine but when the car is setteled down it wont enter at all. I need to find a happy meduim between the 2 because as we all know you cant always be on the floor with the pedal.

I also would like to know how much caster and camber everyone uses. The pierce book doesnt ask for much.

Thanks for any help

BPRC MAN
06-05-2012, 04:47 PM
4 bar or z linked right rear?

4-x
06-05-2012, 05:15 PM
4 bar both sides clamped on the LR

BPRC MAN
06-06-2012, 07:22 AM
we run a clamp car too and had the same problem last season until we went to a 225 spring in the left to help it stay on the bars a little more.Also it think those cars turn in much better z linked in my opinoin.Have you done the update on the right front?

4-x
06-06-2012, 06:16 PM
It has a 225 now and I guess I havent done the update. What changes are made with the update?

silver6sp7
06-08-2012, 08:04 AM
What front springs?

tworrick
06-08-2012, 11:02 PM
seems you have to keep these cars on bars at all times. the cars I have saw that are fast trail brake , or alot rear brake turn the car back in gas fast . if not it gets tight or can even be loose of throttle.if you try to let car slide . not good side bite unless on gas or up on bars. If you can do that they are the fastest cars .

johnny v
06-09-2012, 07:07 AM
IMHO:
How much j bar rake? How much Bite in LR?..... When a car is up on the bars.. the CG is way up there pushing the tire down on RR.... When it is settled down, not much at all , and if you have a bunch of static LR... your not getting much side bite on the RR.....

remember... RR weight IS side bite...... I had an old saying from WAY BACK before all these new suspensions came around...

" RR gets you in the corner and LR gets you out"

just my thoughts..

IMHO