PDA

View Full Version : mechanical fuel pump

rocketmod19
06-06-2012, 10:26 PM
im gona run a mechanical fuel pump on my car i im running achohal just wondering how anyone else plumbed theres looking at where the fuel regulaer was places as of before the carb or if it was between pump and barb or after the carb and if they ran a return line with this setup.

hammond
06-07-2012, 08:58 AM
What I do on my mods is #10 line tank to pump ,#8 line pump to bypass I like the Brarry Grant with the linkage but make sure it does close at full throttle.I put a tee on the front side of the fuel log so it feeds the log and bypass. On the bypass I run a #6 return line. The pump I run is a Pro Cam 9351.

dirttrackrocker
06-08-2012, 10:00 AM
I ran mine the same way I do now with the belt drive. Put the regulatr/bypass on the back of the fuel log. FYI I never had luck using a mechanical with alcohol. I know guys that have used them forever, but, I went through 3 pumps in less than a year. Finally bought a belt drive.

steen22
06-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Check out the racepumps.com site they have diagrams and i have had one of their set-ups for 5 years 0 problems except for replacing a few o-rings in spring (leaky) can do it yourself freat set-up!