PDA

View Full Version : drive off help

75t
06-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Hi we have a 2008 masterbuilt i was wondering what we could do to tighten it up in the dry slick off the corner. it just not tight enough on throttle we run on a 1/4 mile semi backed track any ideas thanks.

BTDT
06-10-2012, 08:03 AM
shorten the right side bars if everything else is OK. We carry a spare set saves time measuring

Egoracing
06-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Posted it a million times, For drive from the center off on the gas drop the left bottom bar on the chassis, this rotates the birdcage into the spring/shock package faster and sooner while when the lift bar and comes into play during throttle application and body roll.

latemodel86
06-12-2012, 10:39 PM
I'd try Ego's idea and see how that does for you. If not, try playing with the 5th possibly. I would maybe put some rebound in the 5th for when it goes to slick off and that should help you get some drive coming off the corner

moosie34
06-14-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. I'm good going in but gettih back on the gas I have nothing. Just no traction. I run 4 bar and I don't really understand what all 4 bars do. I kbow each one does something different.

dualdj1
06-14-2012, 09:29 AM
read this:

http://www.afcoracing.com/tech_pages/4link.shtml

latemodel86
06-14-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. I'm good going in but gettih back on the gas I have nothing. Just no traction. I run 4 bar and I don't really understand what all 4 bars do. I kbow each one does something different.

I had that same problem, but I made adjustments to my 5th shock and it greatly improved. I moved it all the way up, and put a soft spring on mine, and whenever the track slicks off, I screwed the spanner nut on the 5th up a few rounds. This helped me a good deal getting on the throttle and gave it more foward drive/bite, and it also made the car squat on the RR more.

dualdj1
06-14-2012, 03:31 PM
I had that same problem, but I made adjustments to my 5th shock and it greatly improved. I moved it all the way up, and put a soft spring on mine, and whenever the track slicks off, I screwed the spanner nut on the 5th up a few rounds. This helped me a good deal getting on the throttle and gave it more foward drive/bite, and it also made the car squat on the RR more.

good info. most of your forward is derived from 5th/pull bar.

moosie34
06-14-2012, 06:55 PM

I thought you put turns in ur 5th coil to give more forward bite?

latemodel86
06-14-2012, 10:15 PM
It's funny you say that. Last time I raced, I screwed the spannernut up when it got dry and slick, and it helped the car on throttle with foward drive. My buddy who told me to do that, recently just told me I can also screw the nut down on the 5th to help it like you just said, but I can't remember why he said it. I know it's contradicting, but that's what he told me. It's probably best not to listen to me, I'm just a teenager that loves dirt racing and is trying to help others off what little bit I know and my experiences. ha