PDA

View Full Version : IMCA EQ heads, Intakes and Camshafts

dynoman14
06-10-2012, 03:08 PM
I have been getting a lot of inquiries about these heads and what intake and camshaft to use with them and wanted to start this thread to get some of those questions answered.

I am sure some of you IMCA guys are into it.

I flow my stuff different than most as I use 25" and I also use intake and carb bolted to head to determine changes.

I figure that is what the engine sees so that is what I look for.

I don't want it to turn to a thread on what the heads flow and how can you cheat them up because they will make more then enough power 100% legal if you do the hard work to get there. And I know there are a couple folks out there doing it because I am working with them to get there.

If you want flow numbers on the head you can go to the EQ website although there numbers seem high to me, but I don't know if they were using an intake radius and what bench and flow depression they were using. All of these things can vary results up to 10-15% or more. On 200cfm that is 20-30 cfm. That is the difference of close to 50hp at 100% VE.

38 bmod
06-11-2012, 12:25 AM
stock car driver

The IMCA NORTHERN SPORTMODS run the eq heads. Sounds to me like your the dumb one. He's asking for the best combination to get the most power cause you can't port and polish the heads and intake.

hughesracing9
06-12-2012, 07:23 AM
southern sport mods are on that combo as well

a1driver
06-15-2012, 07:35 PM
i dont see where he refers to any specific class, just man up and admit you are wrong stock................

Ssm31
06-27-2012, 08:32 PM
May e if you would give him a chance you might get enlightened! But you probably done run him off to another site. Don't see why your so offended yet really no data to do so? Give the man a chance, than if he gives faulty data then critize!