PDA

View Full Version : loose to extremely tight

bluemod
06-10-2012, 09:06 PM
I was tight getting in last week so i moved the j-bar on the pinion up one hole. So went out for hot laps and car got in good but became very loose on throtle midway and exit. So for the feature i moved the lrlb down one hole to try to tightin the car. Well it tighted the car on mid though exit way to much front end pushed bad. Im going back to where i was during hot laps with the loose set-up. So what is the best way to tightin the car up center to exit.

Another question is if im drivin the car in to hard will the car bind up and cause the push that im having. I am trail braking so this will help the car turn getting in right? So if i used less brake would this tightin the car up. Im new to mods so all help please.

washeduptoo
06-10-2012, 09:22 PM
If your trailing rr, you could try less rr trail for center off. I'm guessing you have a lr brake floater, how much angle in brake rod? You might try it at level if you got a lot on angle in it. Good luck.

bluemod
06-10-2012, 10:40 PM
i have a 1/4 in trail in rr and i have no brake floater. I just have front to back adjustments for brakes. We really always run on a tacky track. So maybe less brake more throtle?

bluemod
06-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Another problem that im having is that the frame is hiting the rf swedge tube on the tie rod when chassis rolls over. Is there anyway to get the arm lower in the front to stop this because the tire is hitting the frame a little but could this be a caster problem?

washeduptoo
06-11-2012, 12:03 AM
You can buy them already bent, I think from Hammond Motor Sports or Outpace. Is this a 4-4 car with spring behind lr and spring in front rr? I would try taking out the trail to see how that works, if that not quite what you want try moving the rrt bar down a hole if its a 4-4 for the middle problem.

bluemod
06-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Yes the car is a 4-4 coilovers behind lr coilover infront rr. Thanks i didnt know that they had bars that already are bent ill look that up. Would the rf tire hitting the frame would that be a caster problem

washeduptoo
06-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Is this the same car that you had the problem with drive off a while back or am I getting things crossed up? Are you talking about behind the rf lower rubbing the frame, quite a few do that. Is there a reason why you run a c/o behind on the lr on a heavy track or is it a dummy shock in the spring?

bluemod
06-11-2012, 05:28 PM
im new to mods and im having to learn everything myself i thought that was the way they would be the coilovers. What is the proper way on a heavy track? And yes this is the same car i got the drive off fixed thanks to all the responses on that. And its the tire rubbin the frame.

washeduptoo
06-11-2012, 06:02 PM
What shock do you have on the lr c/o? You could move it to the front and put dummy shock in the spring. Cars tend to drop hard without that shock in front, usually running just a c/o behind is for a very dry slick track where the track is not as fast. Every car/driver/track are different, if you like the feel, keep running it, but it might be causing some of your problem.

bluemod
06-11-2012, 08:18 PM
I have a pro shock 9/4 on the lr this is a very fast high bank track 1/2 mile. If i put the dummy shock on the rear with the spring and then went and put the shock on the front for the axle on the bird cage might fix my problem. This will limit the lr a little because i have a 2 in extition on the shock if i use my dummy shock it will be 2in shorter will this mess anything up?

washeduptoo
06-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Is your chassis an overrail or underslung? Could you add an extension to the dummy shock? Limiting lr drop on heavy also works well, car usually handles better.
I would take the extension off the shock if you don't have one for dummy shock, its probably going to bend or break the rod on the shock.

bluemod
06-11-2012, 08:51 PM
This is an overrail grt copy. the only reason we put the ext. on was because it was puttin preload in the spring and i thought that it was wrong. But now i have alot of hike in the car and its layin over on the tie rod now on rf

washeduptoo
06-11-2012, 09:10 PM
You have a chain or cable limiting lr drop or is the shock the limiter? Having preload in the spring is usually a good thing and usually its good if at full drop you still have some tension.

bluemod
06-11-2012, 09:45 PM
I have no chain on the car and the car is unloading the lr right now.

washeduptoo
06-11-2012, 09:56 PM
How much lr drop do you have? This will vary depending where your b/c is located on the axle, if its closer to rotor usually you can run more drop, further from rotor less lr drop.

bluemod
06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
im only getting like an inch drop and its close to the rotor prob. and inch away