PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern Late Model Sportsman $1,500 To Win Sugar Creek Raceway Sat. June,16th

PaperMen
06-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Blue Ridge Georgia...The Sugar Creek Raceway Will be invaded by the....."Men Of Steel".....One of the most Popular Traveling Dirt Latemodel Series in the South East this Saturday night June,16th. The Franklin North Carolina based "Southeastern Late Model Sportsman Series" will be making their first time ever visit to the Sugar Creek Raceway during the early part of the (2012) Season. C.E.O. & Founder of the (SLMSS) Randy McCoy stated that the Series always looks forward to their visits to different Speedway's and this Saturday's visit will be no different. McCoy also stated that Sugar Creek Promoter Winfred Morris and himself have worked together very well in the past and we are expecting Saturday night's event to be one of the best this Season.

The Southeastern Late Model Sportsman will be running a (35) lap, $1,500 to win Feature Event. There will be a ($60) entry fee for this event. Southeastern Late Model Sportsman Cars will qualify to set the field for their Feature event. Consi races will be ran if needed. Any and all info and Rules for the Southeastern Late Model Sportsman Series can be viewed on the Series website www.southeasternlatemodels.com .

Saturday's event is expected to draw the Southeast's best Steel Head Late Model Drivers. Drivers such as David McCoy who is the current point leader / Ethan Hunter / Kenny Collins / Clayton Turner / Mack English / Melvin English / Wesley English / Parker Herring / Charlie Parker / David Conley / Michael Barnett / as well as local favorites Bobby Panter / Jamie Oliver / Danny Ledford / Jamie Lunsford and many more are expected to be there.

The Sugar Creek Raceway will also present it's regular racing program this saturday June,16th. Not only will you see the...."Men of Steel"....The ground pounding Super Late Models and the Crate Late Models plus all other weekly divisions will be on tap for probably one of the best shows this season. The Creek will open the gates for any early comers at 4pm.

The Southeastern Late Model Sportsman Series will have "New & Used 1300 & up Hoosiers" available if anyone needs them.

Gates will open @ 4pm / Drivers Meeting @ 7:15pm / Hot Laps @ 7:30pm

Grandstand Admission
Kids under 10.................Free
Kids 10 to 15.................Half Price
Adults..........................$15

Pit Admission
Adults..........................$30

Ford motorsports
06-11-2012, 08:46 PM
The only problem witht this series is you have to run SPEC tires. If they would change that rule I think they would have a lot more cars.

thinker
06-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Non spec tires can be used with a 50# pound weight penalty

carguy30
06-12-2012, 09:41 AM
even american racer?

Ford motorsports
06-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know the series directors phone number please.

thinker
06-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Hoosier only

PaperMen
06-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know the series directors phone number please.

What do you need to know?

Ford motorsports
06-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Can you run regular Hoosier tires just add a 50 pound penalty; or do you have to run SPEC tires.

PaperMen
06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Non spec tires can be used with a 50# pound weight penalty

You can run Hoosier 1300 and up....with a 50 lb weight addition. The right rear tire is open anyway so no weight is required for it.

Hoosier 1100 & 1200 are not legal for use in this series.

The Series is on a "Hoosier" only tire rule so we can't allow "American Racers".

PaperMen
06-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Can you run regular Hoosier tires just add a 50 pound penalty; or do you have to run SPEC tires.

This is correct, you can run "Open Hoosier" 1300 and up and add (50 lb)

Hoosier 1100 & 1200 are "Not" legal

cuzzz
06-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I agree they should open the tire rule up. Competition between tire manufactures will keep thier tire prices incheck. No competition means Hoosier can jack prices up.

weatherman85
06-14-2012, 07:26 AM
I really don't see how anyone could claim this to be one of the most popular series in the Southeast. The series barely ever leaves north east georgia. I've been to a hand full and the crowds are usually no larger than the crowds that come to regular shows. Certainly nowhere near the crowds that SAS,Ultimate,BEAST,Carolina Clash, SRRS bring in.

I do amend them for giving limiteds a larger purse than weekly tracks but haven't seen anything special from this series to call for a special trip just to see it. It's the usual qualify and following the leader format. Need to spice it up with at least an invert of the top four or maybe a trophey dash of the top 4-6 cars to determine those spots in the feature would make for a much better show.

PaperMen
06-14-2012, 09:10 AM
The Southeastern Late Model Sportsman Series will have "New & Used 1300 & up Hoosiers" available if anyone needs them.

PaperMen
06-15-2012, 09:44 AM
I really don't see how anyone could claim this to be one of the most popular series in the Southeast. The series barely ever leaves north east georgia. I've been to a hand full and the crowds are usually no larger than the crowds that come to regular shows. Certainly nowhere near the crowds that SAS,Ultimate,BEAST,Carolina Clash, SRRS bring in.

I do amend them for giving limiteds a larger purse than weekly tracks but haven't seen anything special from this series to call for a special trip just to see it. It's the usual qualify and following the leader format. Need to spice it up with at least an invert of the top four or maybe a trophey dash of the top 4-6 cars to determine those spots in the feature would make for a much better show.

Thanks for your in put......we will definately look into it.

PaperMen
06-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Hope the Tire rule is understood now.....We look forward to seeing you all at the Sugar Creek Raceway Saturday night June,16th.