PDA

View Full Version : Booper Bare & Harbaugh Motorsports wrap up Speedweek

prodirtcar32
06-12-2012, 09:12 AM
June 12, 2012

Booper Bare gives Harbaugh Motorsports; Lincoln Speedway Fast Time and 9th in the Appalachian Mountain Speedweek points…

Booper Bare spent last week out on the road as he competed in the 4th annual Appalachian Mountain Speedweek presented by Harbaugh Amusement Machine. The Virginia veteran entered all of the speedweek shows driving the Bob & Diane Harbaugh owned #87. Team driver Duane Harbaugh, who was going to split the driving duties with Booper, decided to step out of the seat all week and let Bare drive all of them, which enabled the team to compete for the series point championship.

After the first race of the six race series was rained out, Booper got behind the wheel for race #2 at Maryland’s Hagerstown Speedway. After timing mid pack of the 46 cars entered, Bare qualified through his competitive heat race, to give him a starting spot in the night’s 40 lap, $5,000 to win feature event. Making his first start since October of last year, Bare started way back in 19th spot. As the race went on, the RoushYates powered, Harbaugh Amusement sponsored, Mastersbilt by Huey got better and better as Bare drove up through the field to a finish with a hard earned 7th place finish.

The next night found the Harbaugh team unloading at Virginia’s Winchester Speedway for race #3. Again, a sub-par time trial lap put the team towards the back of their heat race. With 58 cars signed in to compete, every heat was loaded with top cars from all over the region. Bare, was able to qualify for the feature by getting one of the last possible spots. Again, once the green flag waved, the Ajax Amusement Machine sponsored car was good, and Booper roared to the front finishing 11th. That finish was good enough for the team to be awarded an extra $300 “Hard Charger” award that was presented by Zirkle Brothers Letterwerx.

The following night found 50 cars signed in at Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex for race #4 of the popular Speedweek Series. Booper laid down the 23rd quickest lap and finished 4th in his competitive heat race giving him a starting spot, once again towards the back of the 24 car starting field. A wrong tire choice found Bare struggling most of the race. As the race wound down, that car started to come around and Booper was able to pass a few cars late to salvage a 13th place finish.

The teams towed over night to Dog Hollow Speedway for race #5, only to be rained out, when an afternoon storm moved through the area and settled over the speedway for over an hour.

The next night was race #6 and the final night of the weeklong series. The team unloaded at Lincoln Speedway, for the 40 lap, $7,000 to win Charlie Grinstaff Memorial. 37 of the region’s best were in attendance and Booper immediately found the fast way around the Abbottstown, Pennsylvania speedway by setting fast time of the night with a lap of 16.316. That lap brought the team a $200 bonus that was up for grabs by series sponsor Klaudia Chilcoat. Unfortunately, the rest of the night found Booper fighting an ill handling car, and after qualifying through the B-Main, Booper wound up 17th in the final rundown, giving him a fine 9th place finish in the week long series point standings.

“I had a great time running the series for the Harbaughs”, said Booper from his Rockbridge Baths, Virginia race shop. “I cannot thank them enough for the opportunity they gave me. For Duane to get out of the car, so I could do this deal meant a lot to me. They have great equipment and everything is first class. When you start driving for someone new it takes a little while to gel as I learn their set-ups and they learn what I like in a car. We missed the set-up a little, but for the most part I had a good car under me, we just got behind in time trials and with that many top cars, it is tough to catch up. I hope I helped them some also, so Duane can be more comfortable in the car from now on. They are just super, genuine people and we have formed a great friendship. I will do anything I can to help them and Duane” added Bare.

Booper would like to thank all of the Harbaugh sponsors for this great opportunity:
Harbaugh Amusement Machine, Inc., Ajax Amusement Machines Inc., Dry Dock Pub, BJ’s Custom Creations, HTMA/Hoosier Racing Tires, Braille Battery, The Station Bar & Grill, RoushYates Racing Engines, Mastersbilt by Huey, TJ’s Place, Sign Design-Bill Funk, Integra Shocks & K.R.S. Graphics Motorsports Media.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media