PDA

View Full Version : Installing Springs

jlaney04
06-13-2012, 07:52 AM
I have a metric street stock where we cant run weight jacks, when you install racing springs, is there a certain way they must be facing? I was just wondering if you got them in turned a little does it affect the spring rate? maybe the motion ratio or anything?

3dinter
06-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I have a metric street stock where we cant run weight jacks, when you install racing springs, is there a certain way they must be facing? I was just wondering if you got them in turned a little does it affect the spring rate? maybe the motion ratio or anything?

no specific ways on the rear based on my car with no pig tails on either end "stock mounting location on top and bottom per our rules". We run the racing springs in the rear without tacking them on the axle and they sit in there just fine. The fronts have a dip in the lower a arm for the spring to set, youll see it when you take your old one out. we place our fronts with the flat part toward the top and the round end in the dip on the lower arm. 13 in rear 11 in front makes our front a arms level to the ground., but as you know in racing we all do things a lil different.