PDA

View Full Version : Added Clay now tight Thru mid.

BW51
06-13-2012, 11:54 AM
I have a brain fart here and trying to get thru it. The car when I last raced was a good setup and worked good. Now 7 months later I finally got out to race again but the track added some new clay. Now the car developed a push thru middle and I have to break it loose and loose turn speed and some drive.
This is a 3 link solid pull bar with Impalla clip RF= 750 LF= 800 RR= 150 LR= 225 No Floaters..
Here is my thoughts.
1- Take 30lb weight off RR up frame bar
2- Raise pinion 1 whole up/ or drop frame side down 1 inch...
3- Raise RR bar 1 whole.
All of which is gonna effect my drive off I think.
Any BETTER IDEAS or which should I try.
Entry is real good in main and the heat race I can stand on it and just throu it and go. MAYBE a little pushy in the heat in middle but I said maybe I was rusty...

Thanks guys.

BW51
06-13-2012, 11:56 AM
O and wheel % are
2425 total
LS 54.3
Rear 54.0
bite is 75#

Dirtrunner35
06-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Rusty maybe, I would try another race and see what happens. Tacky drive in harder, maybe your not driving in hard enough.

mudeater18
06-14-2012, 09:52 AM
A little more stagger should free you up in the center.

robbie124
06-17-2012, 03:49 PM
where r u running that just added new clay.. if its willard this is the second time this season and i ant been on the new stuff yet but with my sport mod(limited horse power) i have to drive in really hard at the first of the season and just use the gas to get the car to work. that is a super heavy track as would any where with new clay. i find my self almost wide open throw the whole turn and coming off. but in about 3 or 4 weeks i noticed i had too use some brakes with the track smoothing up. if i ever go to a dry slick i will be lost. lol
good luck and just drive it harder like your trying to kill it. works for me
also i think 200lr 175 rr is a little better for a tacking track imho