PDA

View Full Version : ohlins shock wont click

ilustfordust
06-14-2012, 05:18 AM
The shock eye end will only click about 3 times then freewheels can you remove this end without loosing gas or messing it up. I want to see whats wrong with it or can you leave it alone and just count how far you turn it. thanks

talclipse
06-14-2012, 07:08 AM
You can separate the two halves of the rubber adjuster to look at the mechanism in there. I have had the cross shaft that gives you the clicks get bent and not be able to feel the clicks. It is a simple repair and you will not lose gas or fluid. As long as the damage is just to the click mechanism and not the actual adjuster it will not impact how the shock acts.

tbaileyjr
06-15-2012, 09:00 PM
The internal adjuster rod that is inside the shock shaft gets gummed up and dirty and I would suggest removing lower heim/adjuster assembly and remove small rod and clean it and reinstall it

restad4r
06-15-2012, 11:24 PM
One of my ohlins did the exact same thing when they were brand new and I called my shock guy and he said that the adjustment basically works off of pressure. First I would check your gas pressure if that's fine, then I would remove the shock and compress it all the way and extend all the way a few times pretty quickly and that should fix it. It worked with mine anyway. If that doesn't work then take it apart. my 2 cents.

Ant