PDA

View Full Version : engine help

grydergeyer26
06-15-2012, 05:52 PM
this is what i got i have a 2.3 crank with esslinger rods
i have a 2.5 crank with crower rods both set of rods r 5.7
a solid head with a schider cam nothing fancy
these r my rules ENGINE/CARBURETOR/IGNITION: Water cooled, stock as delivered in line 4 cylinder of 2600 cc’s or less. Crossbreeding of head block and internal parts is allowed if they can be bolted together without alteration. Engine same manufacturer as chassis. Dual or single overhead cams ok, 4 valves per cylinder ok. No turbo chargers, no superchargers. NO EXOTIC METALS.
1. One stock 2 barrel 500 CFM carburetor is allowed. Stock 4412 is the maximum carb allowable. Oem electronic fuel injection OK. ECI unit may be reflashed or an aftermarket ECI may be used. Carburetor will be checked with Track Go-No-Go Gauge. If your carb is not a stock 4412 have it approved by the track before racing
2. Carburetor adapter will not exceed 2” in height from stock location. Blending adapter to manifold OK. Blending limited to 1.5” down from stock carburetor base.
3. Ignition will be stock or aftermarket. No magnetos. Distributors may be locked out for advanced system. After market coils allowed. Any type distributor may be used (i.e. crankfire, dual point or stock).
4. CAMS: Cam timing adjustment devices OK. Any hydraulic or solid camshaft may be used with any type of engine, no matter what make or model.
i just want be competive and i am on a buget

grydergeyer26
06-15-2012, 07:01 PM
stay with a 2.5 or go bigger
they run roller should i go roller if i go roller what the best for my rules

Milford Motorsports
06-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Run the 2.5.You already have most of the parts.Run the head as it is,and see what happens.You may have a competive set up as is.Pistons,rings,bearings,gaskets will eat up a huge chunk of your budget anyway.

return to dirt
06-16-2012, 01:50 AM
andrew or jared, put an engine together that will last for 20+ laps. then work on making your car handle for 20+ laps. when you have both of them then you will have a top 5 car. the last time i ran at chico i finished 4th because my pinto was so dam tough it outlasted the other cars.

olin

84Dave
06-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Any weight breaks for 4-valve versus 2-valve? Same question for the 2-bbl versus EFI & different capacities between engines. Custom manifold permitted to install a 2-bbl on a 4-valve Honda? -Dave-

return to dirt
06-16-2012, 02:48 PM
dave, here is a link to the rules at marysville. the same rules are used at chico and orland.

http://www.marysvilleracewaypark.com/rule/rules_12mini.html

heres a link which shows some racing at chico last night. it sprints and ministocks. the track looked very rough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdWKbbQH1JQ&feature=youtu.be

olin