PDA

View Full Version : Reclipping a rocket

tbaileyjr
06-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Can some tell me the differences in front ends between black front and blue fronts in pick up points for lower control arms along with differences in measurements the spindles as well thanks

jedclampit
06-19-2012, 09:22 AM
What year is the car and current front end configuration....... besides bent?
Changing clips may require a rack length change,among other components also, something to consider. Where do you plan to have this done?

tbaileyjr
06-19-2012, 09:44 AM
the car was a 07 black front and i was considering changing it to a blue front i already have most of the pieces to do it and just about ready to start bending tubing but im curious to know the spindle height and steering arm length of a gray spindle and where the lower control arm holes mount as in the distance between them and the relevence of where they are compared to a black lower mount configuration

joedoozer
06-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Do you know anyone that has a blue front end, that has checked their front roll center? This will give you all the pick up point locations. Maybe Rocket will give you that information themselves. Check with Rocket to see if the lower control arm mounts are square to something in the car, like the engine plate or lower 4 link mounts on the frame. I know some manufacturers build a bit of lead or trail in the car. It would be good to know if it is the front suspension or the rear when you are building the crossmember. Not sure how Rocket measures their ride height. But a Warrior goes from the lower control arm to the bottom of the lower frame rail. If Rocket is the same, make sure your kick up/ lower frame rail height (from the ground) is correct.

I am doing an old Warrior now. If you have that r/c info, it can be done. Not sure if I am stating the obvious with these questions. It's just things I ran across while doing mine. I thought I would share so you wouldn't have an "aaaawwww crap" moment down the road.

tbaileyjr
06-19-2012, 10:29 AM
naw thats the problem there is no blue fronts in my area

dirty white boy
06-19-2012, 01:14 PM
naw thats the problem there is no blue fronts in my area

not many round here ether,..fer that are,..dont run good,..an it ant from lack of motor or driver skill!

tbaileyjr
06-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Ok I've decided to go another route and keep it a black front but with a twist:)

lovinlatemodels
06-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Try Calling Toby Jordon at Tobber race cars he is a Rocket dealer in Erie Pa.