PDA

View Full Version : Fair Price for someone to drive your mod?

washeduptoo
06-18-2012, 09:32 PM
What is the going price for someone to drive your mod, 30%, 40% or 50% of your winnings for the night for a driver that has won quite a few races? Thanks

HEAVY DUTY
06-19-2012, 08:49 AM
I think most guys get 30%. In my opinion that is way too much.If it is a local weekly show, they should be happy for you to buy their pit pass and tearoffs. The owner is out all the money and the winnings hardly cover the expense. Now if your running high paying races and the car is making money (because of the driver), then you should pay him what he is worth. One problem I see with drivers being paid, is when they have an off night and tear the heck out of the car, they still want paid and they dont offer to help pay for the damage.

HRJ
06-19-2012, 10:04 AM
If it's a weekly show, then 25% of the winnings if the car finishes in the top 3. Otherwise, just pit pass.

If it's a special show, 50% of the winnings if the car finishes in the top 5. 25% from 6th to 10th place. After that, just pit pass.

Just my $0.02.

washeduptoo
06-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Thank you both for the information, not sure what I will do. Thanks again.

500BOMBER
06-19-2012, 07:00 PM
I think he should feel lucky , just to be driving the car.

johnny v
06-19-2012, 08:13 PM
25% to 30%.....

Been both ways.....as a driver....... keep it like a business deal.... instead of a Buddy, Buddy deal for free....

If its a one time deal..... just ask what he wants... if its long term... go for the %%% .... easier to break the ties.... you paid him, you don't owe him ............

washeduptoo
06-19-2012, 10:40 PM
We made a deal and we'll see how things work out starting this weekend. Thanks for the input.

Ferg58
06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
I think he should feel lucky , just to be driving the car.

I feel lucky

Wayne 0'NO
08-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Hell tow that thing to az i will drive for free and pay my pit pass lol how have you guys been?

washeduptoo
08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Struggling, haven't raced in 6 wks(now Issac is looming). Money is tight around here, but car is ready and we don't have a regular driver anymore. Tried the paying driver deal, he did really really well, just can't afford that and up keep on car. How about yourself, racing any?

zeroracing
08-28-2012, 04:55 PM
When I drive for people they keep all winnings, I do prefer they pick up the pit pass if we do good. A special can be debated if driver has to take off work or anything, but still it's the owners money and car on the line. At this level, not doing it for a living, I am happy to drive for a pit pass.

washeduptoo
08-28-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm still learning about the racing business and the cost to run, my brother has always footed the bill and the drivers he had never charged him anything. That is what I'm trying to do now, search for someone that is willing and I pay pit pass. Got one for this weekend if Issac doesn't rain it out.

1Blacksheep
08-29-2012, 06:53 AM
If you were closer to us I'd provide the driver and even help wrench the car for free. Pit pass would be a plus. Not much money to be made in this game and keep the machine competitive at the same time. You still running Allen chassis ?

washeduptoo
08-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the offer. Had a driver that was going to do it every couple of weeks(thats all I can run due to work) but he had a medical issue. Lined up another driver for now if weather permits us to race. Not racing the Allen.