PDA

View Full Version : Mike Marlar Ends Winless Drought with $10k Payday at LCS

Ben Shelton
06-19-2012, 02:00 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 19th, 2012

Mike Marlar Ends Winless Drought with $10k Payday at Lake Cumberland

Winfield, Tennessee (06/19/12) – Mike Marlar powered his #5 Bryson Motorsports/Rocket/Clements Super Late Model to his first win of the 2012 campaign over the weekend with a $10,000 triumph in the Mac Metals Classic at Lake Cumberland Speedway.

It has definitely been a trying first half of the season for Mike Marlar with more than his fair share of bad luck and mechanical failures, but on Saturday night he put that all behind him with his first triumph of the season, which came in the $10,000-to-win, Mac Metals Classic at Lake Cumberland Speedway (Burnside, Kentucky). On Friday night with twenty-seven entries on hand, Marlar qualified sixth fastest in his group to earn the third starting spot for the fourth heat race. In the heat he advanced to a second place finish to lock into the eighth starting spot for the 75 lap finale. As the race went green he began moving forward, and by lap 18 he moved into the second spot and set his sights on the leader, Brad Neat. The duo would battle for the top spot until lap 50, when Marlar bolted to the lead. Once out front he would never look back on his way to the $10,000 win! He was followed across the finish line by Todd Coffman, Victor Lee, Skylar Marlar, and Dustin Neat.

"It's no secret to anyone that it's been a rough first half of the year for us, but nobody on this team has ever given up," noted Marlar. "I have to thank Norman (Bryson) for not giving up on me, and I have to thank my crew, family, and fans for standing behind me as well. I think we really have things pointed in the right direction, and we can make some noise in the second half of the season."

Full results from the event are available at www.LCSpeedway.com.

This weekend, June 22nd-23rd, Mike and Bryson Motorsports will travel to South Carolina and Virginia to take part in a pair of events that will be sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS). On Friday evening a $10,000-to-win event will be contested at Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, South Carolina), and on Saturday night the action moves to Wythe Raceway (Rural Retreat, Virginia) for another $10,000-to-win event. For more information on the events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Mike Marlar would like to thank his sponsors and marketing partners including Bryson Motorsports, ASI Racewear, Convenient Lube, Currin Construction, FK Rod Ends, FK Bearings, CV Products, DT52 Photos, DWT Racing, GW Performance, Hawk Performance, Hoosier by Pup, Integra Racing Shocks, Keyser Manufacturing, Outerwears, Peterson Fluid Systems, Rhino Wraps, SEG, Sweet Manufacturing, VP Racing Fuels, R2C Performance Products, Andy Stebbins Motorsports, Wiles Driveshafts, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services

For the latest information on Mike Marlar please visit www.MikeMarlar.net .