PDA

View Full Version : Moving rearend vs just rr

Flyin Iowan
06-20-2012, 09:38 AM
What is the difference between moving the rearend out the left vs. moving just the RR in?

Does moving the rearend effect more then just sidebite?

johnny v
06-22-2012, 05:44 PM
this is a very interesting question..some what tough.... you can tell because no one has a response posted yet..... so lets brainstorm it out.....

moving the RR in..... that changes the track width , making it more narrow.... which will add side bite and tighten the car a little....
Moving the J bar where you pull the chassis over to the right... (looking from the rear) which is the same as pulling the rear end over to the left is going to affect a couple of things.... Left side percentage is going to drop, which tends to tighten a chassis...... It will also reduce the amount of LR bite a little....

mudeater18
06-22-2012, 06:44 PM
If you move the whole rear end left (Ex. Shorten the panhard bar length) it's going to change the angle and therefore the height of the springs which is the same as turning a jack bolt. You could change your wheel weights real quick ! Try it on the scales sometime. You need to do it with wheel offsets.

tbaileyjr
06-23-2012, 07:37 AM
I believe he's asking what shortening lr wheelbase is different than lengthening rr wheelbase

Flyin Iowan
06-23-2012, 03:40 PM
no i was talking about shorter jbar...the reason i ask is after a practice i scaled the car and found that some how the rear end was out the left about 5/16th inch....i put it back and lost the feel of the right side tires....talked to chassis builder about it because yes it does change bite and 4 bar angle and spring angles.....tryed the RR in 1" with offset wheel, that changes left% and bite about the same as the jbar adjustment did

now practice tracks around here are very different from racing because the promoters dont want to have the water bill on a practice day so conditions where never the same and the car wasnt either....i havnt tryed the jbar change but is there any way that shortening the jbar gets the car on the RF harder??

johnny v
06-23-2012, 04:31 PM
no i was talking about shorter jbar...the reason i ask is after a practice i scaled the car and found that some how the rear end was out the left about 5/16th inch....i put it back and lost the feel of the right side tires....talked to chassis builder about it because yes it does change bite and 4 bar angle and spring angles.....tryed the RR in 1" with offset wheel, that changes left% and bite about the same as the jbar adjustment did

now practice tracks around here are very different from racing because the promoters dont want to have the water bill on a practice day so conditions where never the same and the car wasnt either....i havnt tryed the jbar change but is there any way that shortening the jbar gets the car on the RF harder??

RF harder or RR harder?
lots of rake in the j bar and if you raised the ride heights on the rear playing around with LR bite or whatever will move the rear-end left... loss of fuel weight will raise the ride heights....

Flyin Iowan
06-24-2012, 10:09 PM
found a bind in the car.....i was just trying to find anything to get the car on the RF